Just a question about "unique" chloés

Nakuna

Mar 14, 2010
Hi there,

I am not sure if I am in the right thread section ... but my question is:

If there is a website offering the ethel bag in a colour that is not on the chloe website ... does that mean that the bag is a fake?

Or in general: If I cannot find any other postings or picture about a designer bag in a special colour does that make it a fake?

Thank you for your help.

If there is a website offering the ethel bag in a colour that is not on the chloe website ... does that mean that the bag is a fake?

Or in general: If I cannot find any other postings or picture about a designer bag in a special colour does that make it a fake?

Hi! :biggrin:

No, not necessarily - the Chloe website only shows a limited selection of what's available.

Also, many styles are barely posted about online, as they're not the ones being pushed as the 'it' bag, that season; so a certain colour, or even an entire style, not being shown online doesn't mean much, either, TBH. :nogood:

But, obviously, if it is known that a bag hasn't ever been made in a certain colour and then one appears, that is a red flag.

No problem, BTW! :flowers:

Last edited:
Hi! :biggrin:

No, not necessarily - the Chloe website only shows a limited selection of what's available.

Also, many styles are barely posted about online, as they're not the ones being pushed as the 'it' bag, that season; so a certain colour, or even an entire style, not being shown online doesn't mean much, either, TBH. :nogood:

But, obviously, if it is known that a bag hasn't ever been made in a certain colour and then one appears, that is a red flag.

No problem, BTW! :flowers:

Thank you for this answer! That does help me a lot. Now I only need to think about if I should get it or not.

I hoped to find some arguments for buying this bag but it does not seem to have much fans in this forum. Or is "Ethel" a new model?

By the way, it this sweet bag. I only found it in black on the website.

s10.directupload.net/images/100314/temp/sow8euzj.jpg

Is it okay to post it here or should I delete it?

It's not that new - I think it first came out in A/W '09?

You could do a search for it on this forum, there are plenty of threads. :yes:

You can post the actual one you're thinking of buying, if you like! :biggrin:

There is a new style of the Ethel bag for this season....do post a link of the bag, that would help!!

I'm sorry, I wanted to post the picture but there is only the link above instead. Maybe I am not allowed to post pictures because I do not have enough postings? I'm gonna check that right now. ;)

@chloehandbags: I just know that this serie is called "Ethel". How do you call this style? (English is not my mother tongue)
And this is the bag that I am thinking about buying. I love the light green colour and the black handles... :yahoo:

Last edited:
^ I don't know what that bag is called, precisely - just that it's one of the Ethel line.

If you do a search, on this forum, with the name 'Ethel' you will find lots of threads about it. :smile:

If you save pics of it from the website, on your computer, you should then be able to add them as attachments, when you post, by clicking on 'Manage attachments' (in 'Advanced').