Which one? Help!

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I recently bought the McQueen skull clutch below:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/61077

But I have now got the opportunity to get this one instead:

http://www.geekhandbags.com/alexand...-skull-clutch-goes-exotic-with-stingray-print

Should I return the faux croc and get the stingray instead? Which does everyone think is nicer? At first I thought I much preferred the stingray but now wondering if the dots will look a little weird. I have stared at them both so much today my brain is totally frazzled! Any thoughts?

both are gorgeous, but stingray is my favorite, it si so amazing in real life, and just knowing that it is so exotic..for me stingray is really special and even exciting to hold

Do you think the dots on the stingray are grey or silver? It's also hard to tell how dark it would be IRL. When I first received the faux croc I didn't really like it. Thought it looked a little cheap and nothing like croc skin! I thought it looked more like gravestone, especially with the skull on top! I nearly returned it there and then. But then I tried it with different outfits and it's really grown on me and I've come to really like it. I think the stingray looks good too - a bit plainer but it has this fabulous purple lining. I love grey and silver, and the croc clutch really goes with the blacks and creams I wear a lot. But I think the stingray could also work and looks a little less "fake" than the croc maybe? I really can't decide so I'm going to go with the majority on this one when a few more people respond. Many thanks to you all!

Last edited:
I like them both but I prefer the croc, it depends though, the stingray is a lot more subtle whereas the croc is more of a statement piece. I think with the skull that it should definitely be more of a statement bag and that's why I prefer the croc.

However I haven't seen it in person and if you think it looks fake or tacky, get the other one - do what makes you happy!

I think you should keep the croc one. That silver is very eye catching, and I cant think of a colour it wont look great on. If you wear blacks and creams mostly it should look a dream on them. The stingray for me is a bit subtle but very classy. This is just my opinion, clutches for me are flirtatious little things and i like them in colour and not in blacks and dark greys:P (I am otherwise a huge black fan mind you!)

The stingray looks fantastic too, is it stingray "print" or real stingray? it certainly looks "less fake" as you put it, than the croc one, but if its still "print" than might as well keep the "faux croc" which goes with more and stands out too;)

Hope i was some help!:biggrin: