Is the crapalicious economy impacting your Dior purchases or lack thereof?

pegasuscom

O.G.
Apr 11, 2008
Since we are a global bunch of Diorophiles, I am curious if the economy worldwide is as bad as it is in the US. Soooooooooo, what is going on in the rest of the world and is it making you think twice before making high ticket purchases of designer items? :thinking:

The global economy is really bad BUT as I can understand more afected are the lower and medium layers of the society. All depends on how much money you want to spend and of course the priorities that you have in your life!! Many people don't have money but they spend them and don't think of the future!! Your question is really dificult but I am happy that someone is concerned... and actually is thinking more!:tup: In my case I am thinking twice before buying but I want to buy things that I really don't need them and eventually I will buy them!!!

Last edited:
In my case less the economy as much as moving to the country where Im being taxed 45% instead of 22% on a similar salary and where life ( food, property, cars) is twice or more as expensive as anywhere else. :censor:

Yes, unfortunately I have to say, the crisis effects me too. But I also believe that it is temporal and it has made me more conscious about my spending. Life always has its ups and downs, doesn't it? At least now I can tell my future kids about how mommy got through the crisis, LOL!

eminere™;14599246 said:
Not on Dior purchases, but I am still haemorrhaging money on other buys :blush:

I think we need the pics to prove that :nuts:

And for me personally the crapalicious (great word!) economy has affected my buys ... DH been out of a job/doing temp jobs for 1½ years now, it definitely affects us :sad:

eminere™;14599246 said:
Not on Dior purchases, but I am still haemorrhaging money on other buys :blush:

Me too. No intrest for my £ in the bank and 10% annual price hikes from European high-end fashion houses has meant I'd rather buy classic, iconic pieces now rather than in 5 years time (maybe silly I know).

I only have 3 CD bags and some shoes, RTW etc (my last bag a year ago) but I have been buying bits of make-up (CD eye-shaddows are the best IMO). I'm afraid I have been smitten by some other brands too lately and one of them begins with an H so er, less is more £$£E! and so that is why there has been a bit less for darling Dior.

I love the Dior catwalk S/S, pre-fall (let's hope they really do those leather, tin hats) and A/W, so I havn't lost the lust :P

I think we need the pics to prove that :nuts:

And for me personally the crapalicious (great word!) economy has affected my buys ... DH been out of a job/doing temp jobs for 1½ years now, it definitely affects us :-(

I'm very sorry to hear that Black_Swarmer, my heart goes out to you both and I hope that something wonderful is just round the corner.

Me too. No intrest for my £ in the bank and 10% annual price hikes from European high-end fashion houses has meant I'd rather buy classic, iconic pieces now rather than in 5 years time (maybe silly I know).

I only have 3 CD bags and some shoes, RTW etc (my last bag a year ago) but I have been buying bits of make-up (CD eye-shaddows are the best IMO). I'm afraid I have been smitten by some other brands too lately and one of them begins with an H so er, less is more £$£E! and so that is why there has been a bit less for darling Dior.

I love the Dior catwalk S/S, pre-fall (let's hope they really do those leather, tin hats) and A/W, so I havn't lost the lust :P
Ohhh I know exactly how you feel - too many things to buy, too little money!!! :Push: