FP Full Experience

BEBEPURSE

Sad and Angry
Dec 7, 2009
So can you share with me ( yes a newbie), in detail please, the full treatment/experience with purchases at the FP stores. (The outlets are like a cattle drive.)

I was surprised that the bag I looked at on the floor was not what I was getting. The SA went in back to get a "new one"? Is that typical?

Do they wrap it/tissue it or just put it in the dust bag than in the shopping bag?

I assume the SAs work on commission.

Does the store contact you with special events etc?

TIA :smile:

i always ask to c my purchase before it is wrapped up. i find the SAs in my local boutique are usually nice but ive run into a few w attitude over the yrs. my sis and i had a run in w one in syracuse who didnt want to exchange our pruchases (they both were floor models and we wanted fresh ones) wout doing a refund and got annoyed we asked for sotre credit not refund bc this would result in a lose on foreign exchange for us (we prepaid). for the most part though they are nice.

they always go in the back to get you a new one. I pass on the gift wrap because I want to see the actual bag im buying. then they put it in the dustbag ring you up.. after you pay they walk around the register and thankyou for you purchase... I even got a thankyou email from my purchase yesterday.. make sure to go to the website and put in for their events and request catalogs do that every month I never miss out on a pce event or tons of emails... my friend never does that and she never seems to get a pce card and she buy tons in the full price store it drives her nuts I get all the cards. but i think it has something to do with the website :O)

I didnt even know there were Coach outlets untill a year ago haha! In highscool (like 3years ago) I went to Coach for the first time and my mom bought me sunglasses and a bag. The sales girl was very nice and helped me alot, then she went in the back and brought out a brand new pair of sunglasses and a brand new bag. She let me check them out and then wrang them up. She asked if i wanted boxes for them but i said no (i didnt really know what she ment lol!) But she wraped everything in tissue paper and since the purse was large she gave me a bag for that and a small shopping bag for the sun glasses. Since then I have bought a coach bag at macys, and several pairs of sunglasses at the Coach store. They girls are very nice and there is usualy only one other person in the store besides me, which is nice:P I have only been to one coach outlet, and the ladys were older who worked there and not nice...the store wasnt that buisy but they rushed me when i was buying my friend a gift. Ill still check out outlets tho...

So can you share with me ( yes a newbie), in detail please, the full treatment/experience with purchases at the FP stores. (The outlets are like a cattle drive.)

I was surprised that the bag I looked at on the floor was not what I was getting. The SA went in back to get a "new one"? Is that typical?

Do they wrap it/tissue it or just put it in the dust bag than in the shopping bag?

I think you should be happy that the SA is getting you a fresh bag from the back. Sometimes the floor models get scratched up a bit because everyone is handling them and trying them on. If they have a new product in the back, they should offer that to you first. Otherwise you are more than welcome to take the floor model if the condition is acceptable to you. Most of the time the floor models are in great shape, but most people want a bag that hasn't been handled or is flawless.

They usually gift wrap your item upon request and this is a free service, but there have been times where they wrap my accessories without me even having to ask.

The SAs do not work on commission, but I'm sure have sales goals to reach.

If you develop a relationship with some of your SAs, sometimes they will call you personally to let you know there is a PCE (Preferred Customer Event) coming and they will send you a coupon by mail.

My overall experience at the boutique is great. The SAs should be welcoming and willing to help you. For the most part I come in and already know what I'm picking up, so the SAs are often surprised when I go straight to the counter knowing what I want.

It usually is typical for the SA to go to the back. At least at my FP store it is. I would rather have one from the back, because people tend to touch the ones out on the floor or try them on.

My SA puts it in the dustbag, but I always ask to see it before so I can see if there are any defects. I would hate to have to return a bag, when I could have checked it before I left.

My SA, does contact me when a new floor set comes up. She called me when the Kristin collection hit the floor, but I didn't want anything from it, at least not yet :P

yesterday I picked up my bag that was ordered for me. They had it gift wrapped for me. When I arrived the took the box out of the bag. Opened the box for me. Took off all the protected plastic, cushion etc. Took out the stuff and made it all pretty. Then we all went gaga over her, even a few customers came over to look. When we were done, the SA placed her in the dustbag, box and back in the bag. Then came from behind the counter and handed me the bag.

Yes on a new one from the back... If they do not have one in the back they will ask you if you want the one on the Floor and will order another one from Jax if you do not..

At my FP they show me that bag for as long as I want to inspect it and then they place it in the Dust Bag, wrap it in tissue, place the Coach seal on it and Box it up... The box is optional because lost of clients do not have space for the boxes so you need to ask for it sometimes but it is not for lack of wanting to give it to you..

I do not know if they do some say yes and some say no but either way they are the cooliest sales people around and do not fight for clients and are always lovely..

Yes esp if you create a relationship with them. I have my bags shiped to the store for that reason and if there is an issue I can take care of it there and then...

I love going to my FP store. I usually get someone who follows me around carrying my choices. She encourages me to try them on and look in the mirror. She makes suggestions on what looks good for my size.

When I buy shoes they drag all the boxes out, pull the shoes out set them on the floor for me to try on. She will tell me what she thinks looks good and what maybe I should put back. They give my dh a seat on one of the couches and usually go over and check on him and talk him up :smile:

When I buy jewlery they always check the size and they will take links out of watches and what not for me.

Before I cash out they go in the back and pull out what I picked out and show me. If I don't like the condition they go and get another one. After I check everything over they ask me if I would like it wrapped with a ribbon. I am a sucker for a box and a ribbon lol. I don't know why but it makes me feel special to carry my bags with my pretty boxes with ribbons. When I get home I line them up and just look at them. Sometimes I hate unwrapping the box lol. I keep everyone of my boxes with the ribbons on a top shelf in my closet. Even my shoe boxes are up there.

Going to the outlet reminds me of going to a rummage sale. You go you dig and fight off the other crazy shoppers. I have to be in the mood to go and honestly I prefer FP bags even though I do have a couple of things from the outlet. Call me a FP snob but I find the FP bags are better quality. I have not found any FP deletes at my outlet yet so maybe my opinion will change once I do.

I love going to my FP store. I usually get someone who follows me around carrying my choices. She encourages me to try them on and look in the mirror. She makes suggestions on what looks good for my size.

I agree it is really lovely there you feel good and I have also build a friendship with the staff because they are in the Mall attached to my Office (not good) and I pop in all the time.. They do not mind and are very nice even when I am not shopping...

I love the prices at the outlet but I buy some of my hard to find bag and many a fob at the FP store for the feeling..

a lot of it is definitely the feeling you get which is why secret shoppers are so important and why it's weird to me that some of the sales people are so rude in some of the experiences experienced by tpfers here

there are lots of service commitment coach sa follows..or has to

I've had great experiences when buying from the two FP stores in my area; haven't had any bad tiffs with SAs or bag problems. The staff is friendly and, if it's the same crew I'm used to seeing, they're good about giving me space unless I have a question. I absolutely hate feeling like I'm being watched and/or followed (having worked retail, I know it's part of the job, but it takes me forever and a day to make decisions and I like to take my time). I usually shop with my best friend but if she's busy and I don't have my mom with me, SAs are usually really nice (and honest) with helping me make a decision.

I haven't been invited to special events (I don't think), but a SA has called my house around PCE time to let me know that a coupon is on its way. Granted I'm away at school so my mom relays this info to me, haha, but it's still exciting because I hate waiting for snail mail to arrive. Also, I've gotten "thank you" cards in the mail for purchasing with Coach (and I only buy FP with a PCE, so I guess they send these cards during PCE seasons?), which is a nice gesture.

FP is wonderful when i got my shoes (revealed) during pce she brought me out a fresh pair never tried on and gave me the try on hose. At my particular location they love to see what other purchases I made at the mall and we chit chat. Its a very pleasant experience. I just received my thank you email this morning from the store very sweet. I love my SA at Garden State Plaza.