Bday party at Lucky Strike Bowling/Lounge

payo1a

O.G.
Jan 1, 2008
Hey guys,
I'm celebrating my 23rd bday soon and I've grown out of the club scene. I wanted to try something new like Lucky Strike Bowling. My friends and I bowl casually, so why not.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how it's like. I'm more curious about them having a club-type "dress code," how would I (or my girlfriends) bowl if we were wearing cocktail dresses?

I've gone to their website (don't want to provide my info for them to contact me) and done searches but nothing comes up about my inquiry. Anyway, thanks in advance for your input! :smile:

The one in NYC on the west side is strict with its dress policy on guys (no boots/hoodies/caps) but lax with its dress policy on girls. I guess a cocktail dress (that's not too short so you're not flashing the world) would work but remember, you'll need socks for your bowling shoes. Cute top and dark jeans would work better.

oh dear . . . so i suppose this means i really should have grown out of the club scene some time ago as well :wondering . . . ahhh i feel old!

i'm afraid i'm completely useless in regards to your actual question, but happy almost birthday! hope you have a fabulous time! (^(oo)^)v

oh dear . . . so i suppose this means i really should have grown out of the club scene some time ago as well :wondering . . . ahhh i feel old!

i'm afraid i'm completely useless in regards to your actual question, but happy almost birthday! hope you have a fabulous time! (^(oo)^)v

lol... u'd get tired of the club scene quickly if u have friends like i do who pop bottles pretty much every weekend. mind u, i'm from canada so we start eartly at 19! hahah

anyway, thanks a lot! i'm a month away from my jordan year! :balloon:

The one in NYC on the west side is strict with its dress policy on guys (no boots/hoodies/caps) but lax with its dress policy on girls. I guess a cocktail dress (that's not too short so you're not flashing the world) would work but remember, you'll need socks for your bowling shoes. Cute top and dark jeans would work better.

i agree that a top and dressy jeans would be more appropriate for this occasion. i can't even imagine me in a dress and doing my "signature" strike move... lol

A friend of mine had a bday party at lucky strike a few years ago and it was great. It was on a week night so there was no dress code and he decided to have an "80's Prom" theme which may sound lame, but it was hilarious walking around hollywood dressed in puffy-sleeved prom dresses. Most of the tourists just thought we were part of the entourage of dressed up people. We all drank and had an awesome time bowling in our 80's Prom attire. It was pretty rad.

lol... u'd get tired of the club scene quickly if u have friends like i do who pop bottles pretty much every weekend. mind u, i'm from canada so we start eartly at 19! hahah

anyway, thanks a lot! i'm a month away from my jordan year! :balloon:

haha. . . . i think i just have a very resilient liver & boundless energy, as i've been drinking (responsibly) since age 15, went to university in NYC and i *still* do the club scene in SF . . . :party:

perhaps piggies are slow to mature (^(oo)^)

what's a jordan year, if you don't mind my asking?

bowling sounds like fun for your birthday!! I think the info about the dress code is correct.. they serve liquor there but i don't know if there's bottle service.

the only that bothers me is eating food there... especially after putting your fingers in their bowling balls!

The Lucky Strike here in Vegas lets you in with jeans, you just cant go in there looking a mess. No tennis shoes, no t shirts etc. I remember a friend of mine going in with a sweater on with a button-up on under it and they made him tuck in his button up before he went inside, but had no problem with his jeans.

I really like Lucky Strike, I have a lot of fun there!

Oh and I just stuff some socks in my clutch or bag for when Im bowling.

lvpiggy: i'm turning 23, so "jordan year" is just another funky way i call it. :smile:

btw, i looked at the site and one of their party packages have a "well bar." does that mean its unlimited drinks of their cheap alcohol? i don't know if it's just me, or if that's an american term i'm unaware of.

lvpiggy: i'm turning 23, so "jordan year" is just another funky way i call it. :smile:

btw, i looked at the site and one of their party packages have a "well bar." does that mean its unlimited drinks of their cheap alcohol? i don't know if it's just me, or if that's an american term i'm unaware of.

Well drinks are the cheapy liquor that is on the bottom shelf. Any drink where you specify a the brand of alcohol you would like in the drink is a 'call'.