Opinions... Age limit for Poppy???

kikiWoo

O.G.
Feb 8, 2008
Hi ladies, I am new to Coach, and hoping for some honest opinions. Do you think that an older person wearing Poppy is silly? Is this strictly a younger/teenage line? I'm debating getting a poppy spotlight to use as a tote bag but don't want to look silly! :P

I don't think there is an age limit for Poppy - if you love a bag, you should buy it and work it!!! I'll be 36 later this year and I have the pink tartan spotlight bag. I'm also on the hunt for a few other Poppy bags from last year.

I'm a firm believer in no age limit for bags! If you love it, wear it! If I saw a 92 year old woman wearing the sequined pink Glam tote, I'd tell her to rock that look! ;)

I think some of the Poppy pieces are ageless -- I have a Tartan wristlet that both DD (18) and I (well over 40) use to hold our iphones -- a lot of the Totes are nice too especially the Glam and Splotlight in the solid patents and leathers -- the Spectator ones were very nice as well.

I saw a 70yr old woman rocking a spotlight this weekend at the museum. I complimented her on it. she made the bag look so elegant, not teenagerish at all!

I kind of think that these ones are reserved for the younger crowd - esp. the Cherry. Anything with cartoon faces on it actually. At least that's what I think. I'm in my 40s and wouldn't wear these.

cherry.jpg

hearts.jpg

pop.jpg

I agree with some of the other posters, if you like it, get it! I'm in my 40's, bought the raspberry patent small spotlight to use on spring break, have been getting so many compliments on it! Fun bags!

I agree that is depends on the style and color of the particular Poppy bag. I am 23 and there are some that I wouldn't wear (Not because I don't think they are cute, but because I am trying to dress more maturely). My sisters criticize my love for Hello Kitty and they think I dress too young for my age. When it comes down to it though you should wear what you want. I think accessories like handbags are where you can take more risks, and clothing is something that you have to make sure is age appropriate.

I saw a 70yr old woman rocking a spotlight this weekend at the museum. I complimented her on it. she made the bag look so elegant, not teenagerish at all!

Love this! I actually was thinking of the spotlight, maybe in black, so it is a bit more age appropriate. I just love how lightweight it is and the size/shape are perfect for me. I think it will make a great casual summer bag when I don't want to carry leather. Thanks everyone, I feel better about getting it now!

I kinda felt that I was a little too old for Poppy too until I got my Cobalt Blue Poppy tote. It is by far my favorite bag and I would love to get another one in a differnet color of course.

For me, I am not a fan of poppy that much. I saw a gold spotlight bag, almost got it but it just didn't "fit" me. I would've been buying it for the deal, so I wouldn't have loved the bag. And I'm only 25!