For those that have a Kristin Tote

Jan 2, 2008
Have you had a problem trying to keep both the handles on your shoulder? Ever since I bought the bag its been in the dustbag with the tags on, so tonight I took it out and tried it on again w/my stuff in it, and walked back and forth in my house to see if I liked it, and while the style is so cute, the handles won't stay on my shoulder, anyone else have this problem??

Yes! I tried it on in the store w/my stuff & it stayed on great. Got home, put my things in & the 1 strap keeps sliding off. Maybe they just need some time to break in? I have to return mine anyway because the pocket is crooked (should've known better than to have it gift wrapped) & I'm starting to wonder if I should get something else instead. It's a shame because it's such a beautiful bag.

Hopefully someone that's been using theirs has had better luck...

I have used mine and love it. No strap slippage here. You have to hook the one strap over top of the other like I've heard maggie lovers talk about doing.

Yes! I tried it on in the store w/my stuff & it stayed on great. Got home, put my things in & the 1 strap keeps sliding off. Maybe they just need some time to break in? I have to return mine anyway because the pocket is crooked (should've known better than to have it gift wrapped) & I'm starting to wonder if I should get something else instead. It's a shame because it's such a beautiful bag.

Hopefully someone that's been using theirs has had better luck...
Ok, well at least I"m not alone, I'm really surprised that this tote keeps falling off my shoulders, its frustrating!

I have used mine and love it. No strap slippage here. You have to hook the one strap over top of the other like I've heard maggie lovers talk about doing.

I'm glad you aren't having any slippage & love yours! I was doing the overlapping, but still no luck.

Ok, well at least I"m not alone, I'm really surprised that this tote keeps falling off my shoulders, its frustrating!

Nope, just took it out again & same thing. I definitely feel your frustration, especially since I wore it around the store just to be sure lol... maybe it's just not meant to be for me. Good luck with your decision & hopefully more tote owners will chime in :smile:

I also have this type of problem with many bags, and I guess if I didn't rotate so much, I would throw many of my bags out the window. :P For the tote, believe it or not, I am having much better luck with the tan python tote. I guess the handles are not as flat and slippery for me. For that bag, crossing the straps works for me. I did not buy a leather tote...at least yet. Love the look of these bags, but I think I'm also going to have a problem with the hobos too. I have narrow shoulders, though, so many bags do this for me. I agree it's VERY annoying!

I also have this type of problem with many bags, and I guess if I didn't rotate so much, I would throw many of my bags out the window. :P For the tote, believe it or not, I am having much better luck with the tan python tote. I guess the handles are not as flat and slippery for me. For that bag, crossing the straps works for me. I did not buy a leather tote...at least yet. Love the look of these bags, but I think I'm also going to have a problem with the hobos too. I have narrow shoulders, though, so many bags do this for me. I agree it's VERY annoying!
I'm bummed L, I thought this bag would work out for me, I love the look of it, its too pretty, but can't take the slipping off the shoulder, then I might as well carry it as a satchel ya know? LOL

^^Yeah, I know what you mean. You tried the satchel and didn't like it, right? Most of the time I carry it that way on the arm, but the handles do fit on my shoulder.

^^Yeah, I know what you mean. You tried the satchel and didn't like it, right? Most of the time I carry it that way on the arm, but the handles do fit on my shoulder.
Yeah I'm not big on the satchel, its cute but not my cup of tea, haha, the tote handles fit fine over my shoulder, its just that they won't stay on LOL