Balenciaga or Chanel

Hi guys. I've been wanting the chanel 2.55 since i was in eighth grade when I first saw it. But I've been finding the Balenciaga City bag really appealing.I plan to work during summer too to purchase this myself. I love the chanel because it's so classic and will never go out of style and can see myself with it for a long time. And I know it'll just get more expensive every year because of inflation, so, would it be a good idea to buy now or later... I know once i have a stable job, it would be the first thing I would buy.. so it would be cheaper, in a way.. haha. And i love the black city! It's a bag I can see myself using everyday, and its $1000 less than the chanel. However, I feel like in 5 years I'd get tired of it. Opinions, please! and thank you!

Personally, I would go with the Chanel Flap (but I am biased.) It's such a classic and you will always enjoy for many years. But, I will say Balenciaga is a company with many generations of history too, so I doubt the the motorcycle bags will really go out of style. Basically, this seems like a very big spluge so go with your gut about what you really want and worry about saving for the purse after.

Those bags are soooo different but pretty equally versatile and stylish. That's tuff. So if current funding constraints are the primary issue, I'd start with the Bal city and once you get that stable job...spring for the flap... since we all know you will have BOTH eventually ;)

That's a tough call! I would actually go with the bbag right now since it seems to fit your needs and won't totally break the bank. I would use it and love it and continue to save for a Chanel. When you think you have outgrown the bbag, I would sell it and go for the Chanel. While Chanel bags are a great investment for the future, there's not much sense spending all your money on a bag you will look at and not have much use for. Just my thoughts...

I went with the Chanel flap first - this way I increased my threshold for the price. So now buying the Balenciaga after doesn't seem as extravagant (or as painful on the wallet!).

However, I do agree with the others that it may be best for you to go with whatever you love right now and which fits your lifestyle more. It would not be so wise to purchase a bag that you will hardly use because then you might find yourself wanting the buy the other purse that you really need right now.

Both, as I'm both Balenciaga/Chanel girl. Different looks for different occasions. Buy the one that fits your lifestyle/mood now, buy the other later when you have more expendable cash :smile:

I totally agree with getting the bag you would get most use out of.

The Chanel can come later.

For me, it was Chanel first, then now the Bal addiction is kicking in.
Oops, bad for my wallet.