Should I feel jilted? Kind of long-winded.

Oct 7, 2009
So, I finally found a NWT medium silver Zoe go up for sale on ebay Monday night for a reasonable price (BIN only). I immediately e-mailed the seller and stated that I was VERY interested in the bag. However, I had also asked if the bag had any visible imperfections and requested a better pic of the creed.

I try to be patient when things like this occur, so I was awaiting the 1-2 business days that eBay gives sellers to respond before sending another message (which would have been up this evening). The seller had feedback for over 5,000 items, so I figured they probably tend to get busy once in awhile - no big deal. In the meanwhile, I kept checking my watched items to make sure no one else had snagged her from me.

I log on this morning, still no response from the seller... and low and behold, someone else bought the Zoe some time last night! :wtf:

I feel like the least the seller could have done was let me know that I was not first in line and that they would respond to my inquiries if whomever was in front of me decided not to buy the bag.

Do I have a right to feel jilted or is it all my fault for not purchasing the bag right away? I've never sold anything on ebay, so maybe my expectation of receiving common courtesy from a seller is asking too much.

TBH, this has happened to me several times before... sometimes sellers don't respond right away to your questions, and if it was at a really good price, the seller may have known that it was going to sell fast, and someone just did the BIN... Sorry this happened, but its just kind of the luck of the draw, thats why if you see something that has a BIN and there aren't many out there, you probably want to scoop it up before someone else does! Hopefully you find another one!

I've had something like that happen before, I think it's just one of those risks you take when you're being cautious, generally IMO it's better to lose a bag that's questionable than end up buying it and dealing with a SNAD. Also, if a seller doesn't respond pretty promptly, I usually move on, even if it's a wrench, I do expect common courtesy and if the seller is too busy or neglectful to not respond, better not to deal with them.

BTW, did you check the seller's feedback on toolhaus.org? They may have gotten dinged for lack of responsiveness before - not that it helps with the bag, but it may make you feel better :smile: I did a quick search on *bay, is this your seller? If so, I would have stayed far away.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=ladybugg1678&ref=home

It's just the nature of the BIN beast. People may see the value and not feel the need to e-mail the seller, they simply BIN because they want it.

I don't think you should feel to badly. Obviously you have some frustration, and that's understandable, you lost a good deal...but you can't let it overwhelm you to the point of feeling "jilted". Whatever happened behind the scenes is out of your control. You took the steps you needed to...and it just so happened that someone was willing to gamble without additional information. The seller may not even have known someone else was interested...the buyer may just had the "see it, like it, buy it" moment we've all had before.

Another one will come, that's just how it goes. Hold in there!

I've had something like that happen before, I think it's just one of those risks you take when you're being cautious, generally IMO it's better to lose a bag that's questionable than end up buying it and dealing with a SNAD. Also, if a seller doesn't respond pretty promptly, I usually move on, even if it's a wrench, I do expect common courtesy and if the seller is too busy or neglectful to not respond, better not to deal with them.

BTW, did you check the seller's feedback on toolhaus.org? They may have gotten dinged for lack of responsiveness before - not that it helps with the bag, but it may make you feel better :smile: I did a quick search on *bay, is this your seller? If so, I would have stayed far away.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=ladybugg1678&ref=home

This is the same seller! I've never used toolhaus.org before, how does it work? For example, on ebay it shows that she received 2 negative ratings, but toolhaus.org shows way more! I'm already starting to feel much better! THANK YOU!

This is the same seller! I've never used toolhaus.org before, how does it work? For example, on ebay it shows that she received 2 negative ratings, but toolhaus.org shows way more! I'm already starting to feel much better! THANK YOU!

Just go to www.toolhaus.org, and enter the seller's ebay id in the box for "negative/neutral feedback" and press enter. toolhaus tracks feedback that was given even if ebay removes it later, so it's a great resource to check before you buy anything on ebay. You'd be amazed at what you can find out about a seller who looks great on *bay.

It's just the nature of the BIN beast. People may see the value and not feel the need to e-mail the seller, they simply BIN because they want it.

I don't think you should feel to badly. Obviously you have some frustration, and that's understandable, you lost a good deal...but you can't let it overwhelm you to the point of feeling "jilted". Whatever happened behind the scenes is out of your control. You took the steps you needed to...and it just so happened that someone was willing to gamble without additional information. The seller may not even have known someone else was interested...the buyer may just had the "see it, like it, buy it" moment we've all had before.

Another one will come, that's just how it goes. Hold in there!

You're right. I'm glad I tried to do my homework and will continue to do so going forward. I feel even better after being introduced to toolhaus.org by toby11. Just because a bag is listed as NWT does not guarantee the condition of the bag... look at how many people end up exchanging a new boutique bag because something is wrong with it? Thanks for the kind words!

i would say no I sell a few thing on evilbay and I I always answer withning one day or less but sometimes things just sell. is this the half platinum zoe or the all platinum I see loads of the khaki and platinum.

holy smokes it was the price that was an insane deal

I know! I honestly wasn't concerned about the authenticity since she put "guaranteed authentic" in her ad, which would make it easy to request a refund if it was fake. My real concern was whether or not there were any imperfections in or on the bag. I know the ad said it's NWT, but it's obvious that it was originally purchased at an outlet and bags can get pretty beat up going store to store.

Don't feel too bad. This has also happened to me. I saw a Poppy Tartan Glam going to $140, but it was pre-owned and there was only one picture. That can be a risky purchase, so I asked a bunch of questions. Unfortunately someone already bought it before the seller responded (seller never did respond) and I missed out. You definitely did the right thing and that bag will come again some day.