Lindy - Etoupe or Black? I just can't decide!!

Sharkbait

Schumi Obsessed
Sep 2, 2007
I'm getting ready to order a Lindy and I'm really just torn between Etoupe or Black. I need help!

They are both neutrals, right? But, I'm just not sure what to do. I have a black bag that I carry (Jimmy Choo Mahala) and don't have anything in a grey/khaki/beigy neutral family. But, I fear that the Etoupe might not look as rich and elegant as black for a "more casual" style H bag. Then again, I have a black bag and the neutral might be a nice variation for summer.

But, maybe I'm just overthinking it!

Any thoughts, ladies?

etoupe i love it because you can see the stiching and its very usefull i tend to like the lindy in classic wearble colors such as this i love etoupe !!!!

I just got etoupe in swift and love it. I think it's a beautiful neutral, different from the usual browns that are out there, and a nice change from black. I think it will be very versatile and, as you say, great for spring/summer.

Well first what size are you thinking about? Second Etoupe has contrast stitching do you mind this? Also what leather are you thinking about Clemance or Swift? I think they make a difference in the bags look as well. I hope this helps you!!:flowers:

I'm looking at Clemence (I like the texture) in 34, but I'm not against the 30 at all.

I actually don't have any bags with contrast stitching and I saw that on the Lindy and maybe that's why I'm nervous about the Etoupe. It's pushing me out of comfort zone. Which can be a good thing, of course!!

Sharkbait Have you thought about Gris T? Its similiar to Etoupe but without the contrast stitching. Here is a couple of pics. First Etoupe contrast sticthing and Gris T...:flowers:
attachment.php

attachment.php

P.S. I really can't spell:shame:

For the Lindy, which is a bit of a chic design (rather than a classic such as a Kelly), it looks better in etoupe IMO. You probably want to carry a Lindy for casual occasions so it doesn't matter if you have a bit of a "pop" in the colour.

For the Lindy, which is a bit of a chic design (rather than a classic such as a Kelly), it looks better in etoupe IMO. You probably want to carry a Lindy for casual occasions so it doesn't matter if you have a bit of a "pop" in the colour.

I agree.

And a bright cheery Lindy is a good thing. More youthful looking.

Last edited:
I love my Lindy Etoupe, she is a 30 Clemence, and I think this will be a great choice for you too :smile:

This is me:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have been enjoying wearing my Lindy, one day I hope to own a 26 swift in a darker color, maybe a black which will be a bit more dressy. ;)