What's a good Louboutin to start with?

^Great post... visuals always help. :smile: It sounds like (I'm making an assumption based on what I've read here) like you want a very basic, simple, everyday kind of shoe. The simple pump or Ron Ron would probably be best... they come in 70mm, 80mm and 100mm. If you prefer a lower heel height, the first two might be best. Good luck! :flowers:

thank you.. i have to check out the pictures of the ron ron b/c somebody else mentioned that one too.. and yes the simple looks like a good fit!

Awwww poor newbie. We're not really that tough of a crowd. The girls here are very helpful and mean well. Check out the threads that jet suggested and dani's post should help you with what the classics look like. Yes, many of us know what classics are so you can rely on our advice. I think the Simple, New Simple and Ron Ron in black patent would suit your needs. Try them on before buying as sizing isn't consistent. The sizing thread here could help you too. Good luck!

Thanks!!! Is the patent better than the regular leather? I like how shiny it looks but read somewhere that it can be a little stiff and doesn't break in like the regular leather?

Ok here Is the Ron Ron :flowers: have Fun with the kiz !!!!!!!

new14.jpg

new16.jpg

New Simple ( not soooo nice but )

new18.jpg

new19.jpg

new20.jpg

new21.jpg

and let us know what you got (all the pix are from NAP & Barney )

har.gif

Oh okay! So the new simple is the simple with a platform? I like that one then! The picture above of the black patent is a good heel height too.. doesn't look like the 5 inche one.. maybe 4 inches is my guess from the picture. Thanks so much!!! These pictures are a great help.

I was the same way. I should say, I AM the same way. I didn't know what to buy, so I am trying a few different. For some reason I LOVE the RON RON style, but I can't find them in black leather anywhere. I am hoping I can just be patient and wait until I find them. For now I have ordered a pair of 100mm Black leather simples. I will post pics when i receive them tomorrow! I wanted something that I could wear with everything. I found some amazing glitter ron ron's from Barneys, and I want them SOO BADLY. Apart of me thinks if I am splurging for a shoe I should buy something very unique. Then the other part of me thinks I should buy something I can wear with anything. I guess you just have to find a reason to justify it (whatever you decide) Good luck :smile:

I totally understand about wanting something unique for the money. But honestly.. if I can find something that I'll wear for years and years, then it's money worth spending! :smile: The reason I want a classic is b/c I can't afford to get more than one right now, and I am afraid if I get something too trendy and different looking, that I won't get as much wear out of it, and won't get my money's worth. So, yeah, that's the boat I'm in.

Another reason I can't do the 5 inches, besides feeling silly wearing them (again, this is not a diss to those who do wear it, if you feel confident wearing them, then I think that's awesome, I just wouldn't feel confident in such high heels)... is that I hurt my ankle last fall and I am frankly afraid of reinjuring it with really high heels. So, from a practical standpoint, I just need to think of that too. Wouldn't make sense to buy 5 inchers and re-injure my ankle and not be able to wear them right?

:smile:

Well, it's great they make many styles in different sizes. For me.. with Louboutin, it's "go big or go home." I ordered some peep toe yoyo's and they were 85mm and I opened the box and thought, "THIS is what everybody thinks is so great?" I was personally very disappointed. So then I sent them back and opted for a bigger heel. I just bought 100mm and am already thinking of something taller to buy :smile: I'm the same way... I don't normally splurge on shoes, so when i do- I want it to be something I can wear with everything in my closet!

The more I look online, the more I realize I need at least 100. I either wear no heel, or a bigger heel (not 5 inches though!). So, yeah, I can't do a 70 or an 80.

And really, my style is actually not the simple shoe. I like something unique, maybe not flashy like sparkly style, but I like the style to be a little different looking, and I do like platforms, or either open back or peep toe. But I'm trying to balance my need for shoes like this, with practicality in terms of my budget ad my bum ankle ... it's all really so hard. I have the same issue when I buy purses.. I can't make up my mind b/c I want the cute fashionista styles but try to be practical at the same time!!!!

^^Based on this description, I think you would do well with a No Prive in black or nude patent partially hidden platform, several heel heights, open toe, slingback.

Here is a link to the 120. I think most would say this is classic but also makes a statement.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/product/48418?cm_mmc=ProductSearch-_-US-_-High_Heels-_-No

thanks!!! so funny you mention this shoe b/c I was watching this exact same shoe on ebay! i just hesitated b/c the heel looked so high and also b/c it was patent and i'm under the impression they run small in the cl and also they aren't easy to break into. but yeah, i do like that style, open toed and slingback. that's the exact same style shoe that i have right now.. the one that i've been wearing for 3 years straight (of course not very often as my dressing up days are very limited).

i think i also want a closed toe b/c i think of the winter months too and i'm trying to stretch the time i can wear the shoe throughout the year... but i guess you could wear something like this w/tights?? in the winter? or is that weird.. hm.