SO Kelly: what colors?

chloechloe

Oct 28, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm just getting into the SO Kellys. I think it would work a lot better than the Evelynes that i have that I can't say I use much. I'm thinking the larger, 28cm size would work for me.

Just wondering: do Hermes stores have a few of these available at any given time, or is it necessary to order in a size and color that you want? I don't live close to a store, and I've had scarves mailed to me, but is it possible to just call in and order a higher-end item, like the SO Kelly? [Hm, I guess I could just call and ask myself! It just always seems so useful to hear from everybody here before doing anything. :smile:]

And what colors does this bag come in? I see Etoupe, Gold, Rouge, Black, Brown, and Vert Anis. I prefer the Gold, but I already have a Gold bag, so I want to get a different color. Are there any other colors of So Kellys that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance! I'm getting excited about this purchase! I had assumed the SO Kelly was like the old Kelly Sport bag, which I have, and which is sorta small. But I think the SO is bigger and will work out nicely. It just looks nice and neat, and still-- hands free!! yay

The bigger size is actually 26cm (I believe).............. Apart from the colours that you mentiioned ,I have also seen it in Parchemin, Blue Jean, Blue Abysse and Chocolate.............. I think I will vote for a Parchemin as I think that the SO Kelly looks nice in a brighter colour just my opinion....I have tried it on but a tad too small for me, ha ha ha, but my sister has got on in Blue Jean and she loves it so much (hers is the smaller one, 22cm)...... good luck searching for the right colour..........

so you have given up on a 40cm Barenia Birkin?............

The So Kelly, like the Evelyne does not have feet. You will need to lie it down on its back when you're not wearing it on your shoulder. For this reason, get a more durable colour. Don't get colours that are too dark either, as they don't show up the nice side gathers of the So Kelly.

They are made in Togo and Evergrain. So technically, whatever colour is made for these 2 skins, Hermes will make them. It's a matter if whether your store has ordered the colours.

i love my Vert Veronese, in fact i'm using it today..........hehe......
but do suggest in darker color though since it'll rub against your clothing

Mrssparkles, I see your point. I think something like parchemin might be a bit too light for me as I would probably get it dirty pretty quickly. I still like gold, as an alternative to black . . .I'm tired of buying bags in black!

Sydspy, yes, I emailed the guy today to tell him that I decided the 40cm Birkin wasn't for me. It was the right decision. Just have to wait for it... (I actually started using my Chloe Bay Bag again, just to remind myself how it is to carry a big bag around. It's ok, but in the last year or two, I've started the hands-free thing with my bags, and I've come to believe that once you go hands-free, you can't go back!)

Syma, I love that color so much, but I have a Kelly in bleu roi, and I find it sometimes difficult to coordinate lovely shades of blue that aren't navy. I want a bag I can throw on regardless of what I'm wearing. Maybe it's etoupe I'm gravitating towards??

Of course, if they made the SO Kelly in natural barenia, that might resolve all of my concerns, wouldn't it!?

Cinderlala, I have to look up Pelouse--is it like vert anis or am I completely off?

Pretty99, I also don't know what Vert Veronese is! I thought I was generally up on all the colors!

Lulilu and Pierina, I do like indigo, but am veering towards something lighter.

I remember reading how some people feel Gold works better with olive-toned skin than Etoupe does (or it was the other way around?). Anyone have any opinions on that?? I never thought about it until I read that post, but I do have olive-y skin, which is sometimes 'cold' and sometimes 'warm', so I wonder which would be better for me: the 'warmer' Gold shade or the 'colder' Etoupe shade?

Sorry for the long post!

Hmm, there was also a 26 Ebene Evergrain at Palm Beach with a bit of a reddish tint but it sounds like that's not much help. Having looked at both I would agree that the gold is better with warm and the etoupe better with cool colors. Perhaps a visit to H is in order to try them both in store light and daylight? Good Luck!

Of course, if they made the SO Kelly in natural barenia, that might resolve all of my concerns, wouldn't it!?

Can you imagine a SO Kelly in Barenia?!? :drool:

I have the 22cm in Gold and the color is incredibly versatile. I also really like Bleu de Prusse (Syma-love yours!). Good luck with your choice. Whatever the color I think you will love the bag.

I have it in raisin, bleu jean, orange, and vert anis. I passed on it in bleu abysse, rouge garrance, gris tourterelle, and (I think, although it's kind of a blur) in rouge venetienne.