If you sell handbags on ebay you MUST read this please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it is so easy for people to steal photos from a website and misrepresent an item.

I want to see the REAL item up for auction, not some stock photo.

Isn't that copyright infringement anyway?

I actually applaud them that they are at least trying to keep the counterfeits out.
I know this may be a pain for legitimate Sellers, but hopefully it will help eradicate the thieves.

I agree. I've sold some bags on eBay before and will obviously have to be more prepared if I ever do it again, but I'm more interested in buying. The one thing that makes shopping on eBay a pain is the risk of ending up with a fake bag. Let's hope that the good that comes from this new initiative is less or no knockoff bags on eBay.

So what about vintage bags? They have given no thought at all to this issue. Instead of getting an educated staff and really addressing this issue, it's just a usual knee jerk reaction so they can say that they are "doing something." They're trying to get the large fashion houses off of their backs, but they should all get together and cooperate instead. Like that's ever going to happen.

I'm sure they're doing it to protect the buyers. There are tooooo many fake bags on eBay. You guys have little or nothing to worry about cos your merchandise is real. But, the receipt thing is what gets me. Like some of you have said, it's just as easy if not easier to make up receipts, so what does that solve?

I actually applaud them that they are at least trying to keep the counterfeits out.
I know this may be a pain for legitimate Sellers, but hopefully it will help eradicate the thieves.

I totally agree. Its at least a step in the right direction. I've definitly been burned by fake sellers on ebay :sad: (I bought a fake Fendi once and thought it was real for the longest time. grrrrr) Of course, it would be better if ebay actually employed people specifically for authenticating bags, but I guess the demand is not that high yet...

ebay is well aware of copies of receipts. that is why they won't accept anything that is crossed out name addresses etc. i think if they came across the same receipt twice they will reject it. i'm not sure how good the fake receipts are tho....

well phooey, i plan on listing my MC speedy, but i bought it 2nd hand, no receipt here. Wonder if they will take the LV repair receipt as proof...

But then again, i've sold plenty of LV and Coach and have never had an auction taken down. *knocks on wood*

ITA.:yes:

Though i'm a bit concerned that (as fayden mentioned on page 1) the only information we're allowed to blank out is credit card numbers.....?

What about private addresses and customer internet account numbers etc..?:s

Am i still the only seller who hasn't had any issues? :wondering

I have never had any issues (knock wood). But, I don't sell regularly--only when I'm paring down my collection. I'm more pleased than dismayed over this. I think it's important for the handbag area to be cleaned up and although this isn't a perfect solution, it will help some--perhaps.

So what about vintage bags? They have given no thought at all to this issue. Instead of getting an educated staff and really addressing this issue, it's just a usual knee jerk reaction so they can say that they are "doing something." They're trying to get the large fashion houses off of their backs, but they should all get together and cooperate instead. Like that's ever going to happen.

ITA, they're lumping everyone together w/the scammers & it's totally unfair :hysteric:...as i told an e-bay live chat representative today, i feel like i've been unfairly accused of a crime i didn't commit, thrown in jail & now i'm forced to prove my innocence in order to be freed...they don't even have the decency to spell out what their new policy is or exactly how it effects each of us :shrugs:...i wish another huge online trade site would emerge & break up this evil monopoly of theirs...i'm all for getting rid of the fakes & counterfeiters, but they're not going about it the right way & are treating trusted, longtime members like myself like doormats in the process :sad:

I listed my lilac hook 9 hours ago and it still hasn't shown up. I'm getting paranoid. Of course, a heinous green fake -- and I mean heinous -- just popped up after only a short wait for the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.