New Buyer help

shoeluver2

Feb 19, 2010
I can't believe the email I just received from my buyer on ebay. I have been selling on ebay since 2003 and have only sold my authentic LV handbags, CL shoes and other authentic items. The winning bidder of my brand new authentic LV handbag just emailed me asking if it was authentic. I had posted many up close pictures of the handbag including the inside date code, side tabs, zipper pull, bottom, side and inside of the bag. I also said to please have my handbag authenticated on TPF and I guarantee that it is authentic. You can also see from my feedback that all of the LV handbags I have sold are authentic. The winner had paid yesterday and I shipped her bag yesterday morning through Priority Mail with signature confirmation and then I get her email this morning asking if the bag is authentic and she hopes she likes it when she gets it. I'm so mad and worried now. I wish she had never bid on my handbag if she did not believe it was authentic or had any doubts. I had many offers for the handbag too, but she did the BIN offer at the full asking price. I emailed her back and told her that the handbag is authentic and to have it authenticated on TPF. I told her I really wish she had not bid on my handbag if she had any doubts. I also told her if she gets the handbag and doesn't like it to email me and ship it back to me and I will refund her. I would rather she ship my authentic LV handbag back to me, so I can resell it to a buyer that has experience buying authentic LV handbags and knows it's authentic before she bids. I will also call ebay and let them know my concerns and ask them what I should do. Did I do the right thing? Thanks

Last edited:
Sounds like she is just a super nervous buyer to me, and would like to hear "it si authentic" manymanymanymany times, as if that would make it more true. I understand that it is making you nervous, but hopefully she will just see its qualities upon receipt and fall in love. If not, Im sure she will send it back for the refund.... But IMO it sounds like she just wants "to be feed it with a teaspoon", if you know what I mean. Did she have alot of feedback, or was she a new buyer? If she was new, she is probably just replaying horrorstories in hear head, while waiting for it.

Keep us posted!

Sounds like she is just a super nervous buyer to me, and would like to hear "it si authentic" manymanymanymany times, as if that would make it more true. I understand that it is making you nervous, but hopefully she will just see its qualities upon receipt and fall in love. If not, Im sure she will send it back for the refund.... But IMO it sounds like she just wants "to be feed it with a teaspoon", if you know what I mean. Did she have alot of feedback, or was she a new buyer? If she was new, she is probably just replaying horrorstories in hear head, while waiting for it.

Keep us posted!

Mowcam I hope your right. It just makes me mad that she never emailed me or asked any questions before she bid on my handbag. And then I get her email at midnight after I have already mailed the handbag to her. She only had 10 feedback and she has already left a negative for a seller. She has not sold anything on ebay. She has only bought 10 items and none of the items were high end handbags or high end items. I'm always relieved when my buyers have bought or sold LV handbags or other high end items. Should I contact ebay or just wait? TIA

I get her email this morning asking if the bag is authentic and she hopes she likes it when she gets it.
She hopes she likes it? Shouldn't you be sure of that before you hit the BIN button?:nuts:
I really hope she's just a nervous buyer and will be able to see that the bag is authentic when she gets it. :yes:

She hopes she likes it? Shouldn't you be sure of that before you hit the BIN button?:nuts:
I really hope she's just a nervous buyer and will be able to see that the bag is authentic when she gets it. :yes:

I totally agree. That's why I'm so mad. She should not have bought my handbag if she wasn't sure that it was authentic or if she's not sure if she will like it. I really wish she emailed me any questions or concerns before she bought it or before I already shipped it to her. I just hope she's a nervous buyer.

Is there anyway I can contact her post office and ask them to ship the handbag back to me? I did pay extra for signature confirmation. I'm really nervous now and I would rather have the bag shipped back to me and do a mutual cancellation.

I don't think you can intercept it at this point to have it shipped back to you. But she can refuse to sign for it, and then it will be shipped back to you as undeliverable. Maybe you could write to her and ask her to do that?

Yes but, as we know, liking the item that is shown in a listing and liking the item that actually arrives on one's doorstep, can be two very different things on eBay...

I think it's likely that she's just scared, too and if this is her first high end purchase, on eBay, it's hardly surprising she's nervous.

She may not be aware that she's protected against SNAD items and fakes, either and even if she is, she may not feel confident in that process.

I also think it may well have been an impulse purchase and that's why she didn't ask questions first?

If she was a scammer, I'd expect her to be a lot more confident and for the emails to only start after she received the item.

Shoeluver2, you might want to email again and spell out clearly the procedure for returning the bag to you; i.e., the security tag must be in place, etc. If she's a newbie, she may not even know what the tag is for.

I'm so upset now. I have emailed this new buyer three times now and she is not responding. I also contacted ebay cs and let them know I'm very concerned and told them this buyer emailed me after she paid and after I had already shipped my brand new authentic LV handbag asking if it was authentic and saying she hopes she likes it. I told them I have only bought and sold authentic LV handbags since 2003 and I would never and have never bought or sold a fake handbag and now this lady is questioning me. She should have emailed me or asked questions before she bid. I told them that I would rather cancel the transaction and have the buyer refuse to sign the signature confirmation and have the handbag shipped back to me. The cs rep agreed and he told me to wait until this morning. The buyer still hasn't responded, so I just opened a mututal cancellation and told her I feel very uncomfortable and would rather she just not accept the package and have the bag shipped back to me and I will relist. I had so many other great offers for my handbag from buyers that buy LV handbags and don't question if my items are authentic after they bid.

Last edited: