Mothers Day Pressie.....

mum2theboys

Feb 28, 2010
My hubbie has offered to buy me a bag for Mothers Day off the children. I can't decide on a Daria Hobo / Mitzy Hobo / medium Mitzy Hobo.

I'm not one for too large a bag and generally carry them in my hand or the crook of my arm..........so it is time for a change?

As I am not a size 10, I would want one that I am able to carry on my shoulder and not fall off because it is too tight (and not wedged under my armpit), as well as being able to wear it over my coat.

Also....what about colour? I do tend to go for black bags - boring I know - but somehow feel I want a change.

Lovely dilema to be in, but I do want to get it right as it is a present from the children.

Last edited:
ooh what a lovely dilemma- I'll probably get a bunch of daffodils!!!:nuts:

Personally I'd go for a medium mitzy hobo. Don't think you can go wrong with oak or black to be honest!!!

defo medium mitzy hobo for you - oak or RN- try the RN - I wasnt sure about it but it is a beautiful colour goes with loads you dont have to worry about it like oak and it gets loads of compliments as it is so unusual- woild make it a bit more unique and special as it is a pressie from your children- and can I just say what a lovely hubby you have!!!

I'd go for a Mitzy, sizewise I think you have to try one on or try to measure how they'd be on you. Remember that the medium has a shorter handle length than regular hobo.

Since you tend to buy black bags, I'd say go for an oak one. They go with most outfits, will give you a change from blacks, yet it's not too colourful to take you out of your comfort zone.

Good luck! Great gift :smile:

Don't think we are being much help really as we've all given such different opinions!!! How about getting to a store and letting the kids help you pick!?

Excellent dilemma to have! My vote goes to a medium Mitzy hobo in oak. I've tried one on quite a few times and absolutely love it, so lightweight, comfy and gorgeous!

If you dont normally get on well with large bags, then the Mitzy & Daria may not be for you ... they can be like huge buckets in terms of getting in to get something out in a hurry!

However, if you are wanting to change & get a big bag .. I think (Im sure people will faint when I say this!!) you should go for the Daria. It is just that bit more "special" in terms of looks, than the Mitzy.

I guess it depends what lifestyle you have & what would suit you best.

Oh .. & I have quite chunky arms .. both the larger Mitzy & the Daria hobo sit perfectly on me! :biggrin:

This is so difficult, and the opinion of you very kind ladies is for both! I daren't take the children with me to buy - fabulous idea, but my boys have about as much style as their dad!

Now then, LHB are selling an oak large mitzy for £385 (immaculate condition), or I can buy a brand new black Daria from a reputable seller for £512.50.

........this is just so tough.

Hmm that is tough. If you are willing to pay for the Daria, then I would say go for it.

If you prefer the Mitzy .. I would go for one brand new, as it is still less then you would pay for the black Mitzy!

That probably hasnt helped, sorry :biggrin:

If you dont normally get on well with large bags, then the Mitzy & Daria may not be for you ... they can be like huge buckets in terms of getting in to get something out in a hurry!

However, if you are wanting to change & get a big bag .. I think (Im sure people will faint when I say this!!) you should go for the Daria. It is just that bit more "special" in terms of looks, than the Mitzy.

I guess it depends what lifestyle you have & what would suit you best.

Oh .. & I have quite chunky arms .. both the larger Mitzy & the Daria hobo sit perfectly on me! :biggrin:

:faint:

Maybe you should go into a store that sells both & try them on?

Dont be put off if the Mitzy you try has a stiff handle (ooer!) .. they do soften up beautifully fairly quickly!