Came home with new peyton tote and no tag!

Dec 28, 2009
Just bought a new Peyton embossed tote w/pce and went to take it out of the dustbag to try all my stuff in it....

Where is my tag? :shrugs: Not there. They must have cut off the hangtag/price tag when they rang up my sale. Annoyed. So...I think ok, that's weird but it must be in my brown receipt envelope. Look in there...NOPE. They did not give me my tag. Why would they do that??? Has this happened to anyone else?

I am going to return/exchange it tomorrow actually because it is too big for me and I hope they don't give me a hassle because I don't have the tag.

I read a post on here before about the SA cutting the tags...but I don't remember saying they didn't give them to you.

Anyone know?
Thanks

Weird. Did you check all of the inside pockets?

Personally I haven't heard of an FP purchased bag having the tags cut off of it.. I think this happens mostly in outlets.

They did that to one of my bags. I ended up returning the bag, UNWORN, a few days later, and they didn't give me a hassle about no tags. :biggrin: But, the SAs at my boutique know me! :biggrin:

I bought the madison julainne last year at Dillards, it had tags on in the store, when I got home they were gone, cut off. I might call to ask, I don't know if I'll hear the truth, but it is weird...

i have had FP store in the mall cut the tags off and 1) keep them and 2) put them in the pocket. i have also experienced a SA Keeping all my tags at a PA outlet, as well as when i bought my francine "as is". (just b/c i can't return it shouldn't mean i don't get the tag, anywayssss)

I've never heard of that, they may cut it off if they were wrapping it for a present or something. Hm.... hopefully, you won't get hassled if you decide to return the bag. They shouldn't give you any hassle for it. Enjoy it :smile:

Just bought a new Peyton embossed tote w/pce and went to take it out of the dustbag to try all my stuff in it....

Where is my tag? :shrugs: Not there. They must have cut off the hangtag/price tag when they rang up my sale. Annoyed. So...I think ok, that's weird but it must be in my brown receipt envelope. Look in there...NOPE. They did not give me my tag. Why would they do that??? Has this happened to anyone else?

I am going to return/exchange it tomorrow actually because it is too big for me and I hope they don't give me a hassle because I don't have the tag.

UPDATE: I went in and exchanged the tote no problem. I did mention to the SA that I got home and did not see/have the tag. She said...Oh, that one didn't have a tag on it. WEIRD. The one I picked out and they held for me had a tag. Oh well, didn't want it anyways. But when you are picking out a bag and paying that much money for it, you should get the tag attached NO QUESTION in my opinion. I will just be really aware of this from now on...at any store.

HI,
I am sorry to hear that the Peyton Inlaid Tote didn't work! You should be ok to return it because you have the receipt!
I hope you find a bag that works and that you like!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Tags are cut off a bag and placed around the inside zipper (inside the zipper pocket when it's an accesory) when it's a display bag (just a bag that has been out on the floor, nothing wrong w/ the bag and when there is no more left in back the display bag will be sold).

When it is sold, the tag is SUPPOSE to be placed back on the outside of the bag. Perhaps, the SA was placing the tag back on the outside of the bag and just forgot to place it back on ... I'm sure it was a mix up and there is nothing wrong w/ your bag.