Same bag in different colors? Question and a poll of sorts.

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
While pondering which Kristin I should get in which color, it made me realize that I might just want a hobo in turquoise and in black. I have never bought 2 of the same bag in different colors before. I have never wanted to do that for myself because I want to have a good mix, but I am seriously considering it. It's either that or get a Kristin satchel and hobo.

This is the first time ever that I have been able to buy 2 bags instead of just one. I'm being very indecisive. :thinking:

Anyhow, it got me thinking. Do you have the same bag in different colors?
Which bag and how many/what colors?
Did you get multiples because it was a good outlet deal, or did you just love it that much?

The Zoe- and because it is a great bag. I have one pouch, 2 medium, and three large - and a nice mix of patent, leather, and siggy. It is the only bag I have ever gotten more than one of. I have NO regrets, and use them all.:P

The older pleated ergo satchel (have one in black and one in tan). Also, Sabrina (cherry and patent tan), Maggie (cinammon and saffron), and Parker Hippie (yellow and white). Let's see what else . . . peyton (fuschia and gray patent). Arggghhh! Didn't realize!

Definitely a huge fan here of buying multiples of a bag that works for you!

I don't buy multiples of bags because I like to have a variety of styles. If you love the bag, I don't think there's anything wrong with buying multiples. I think I'd buy them both, but only remove the tags on one and use it for a while. If you really love it after using it then cut the tags off the second bag.

I can completely understand about wanting two of the Kirsten's. I got the tote in Yellow yesterday and I love it so much I want it in black and turquoise as well. My husband thinks otherwise though. I already own 3 black bags and really do not need another so I guess he has a point.

As for owning two of the same bag yes I do. I have a Large Black Zoe with silver hardware, Large Chocolate Zoe, Large Black Sabrina w/ gold hardware, Large Cherry Sabrina, Poppy Tartan Plaid Pink glam tote and a Poppy Cobalt glam tote.

I started off with the chocolate Zoe and just new after carrying it few weeks I needed to have one in black.

As for the Sabrina I did get a good deal at the outlet for the Cherry, but I really wanted it in Black with gold hardware and there were none to be found so I had to resort to ebay.

I didn't think I would love the glam totes as much as I do. They are so light weight and they fit a great deal. I also love that they are fabric and with the crazy winter weather we had the past few weeks they were great to carry and not having to worry about them getting all yucked up due to the salt and snow.

I have several multiples, when I find a style I love, and it comes in more than one color I love, I'm all over it. I have several of the Parker Hippies, Zoes, and Haileys. I just got a Kristin hobo in peach, and if I loved any of the other colors as much I'd get a second color.

If I were you, ( I was thinking to do that) I'll buy a tote of one color and a hobo of other color. Both are kristin and different styles

I was thinking that too, until I saw that the tote is $100 more than the hobo. Not sure I like the tote as much as the hobo, especially for $100 more. Although, who knows for sure until I see it irl tomorrow. I may love it and my dilema would be solved. Unless I then like all 3 styles. :rolleyes:

My husband thinks I am nuts for thinking about getting the turq and black hobo. I know I love the style and I know I like the style in both colors. The black satchel is nice, but almost a little plain. I'm sure the turq satchel is really nice, but I think I might miss the hobo if I made that trade. Eh, guess I will see when I go to the mall tomorrow.

I don't think the turquoise leather hobo is available anymore...it never even made it to the website...

But, more to the point, I've owned one bag in two colors. It was my favorite bag of all time...and it didn't much matter if it "made sense" or whatever, I just loved it so much I didn't care. Now, they were both ruined--so then I had none--and ended up re-buying one and getting other color in a slim version. But seriously, those bags made me so happy and that's all that mattered!

I have two Sabrinas and two Audreys because I just love those styles. The Sabrinas are both Op Art one is the grey/green the other is the black on black. The Audreys are Mahogany leather and jade patent. I have been searching for another Sabrina in leather as well.

If you really love it and can afford it, I say get the multiples. I have multiples of several bags (Zoe, Carly, Legacy Shoulder Bag, Maggie), and I have not regretted any of them for even one second. :smile:

I don't think the turquoise leather hobo is available anymore...it never even made it to the website...

But, more to the point, I've owned one bag in two colors. It was my favorite bag of all time...and it didn't much matter if it "made sense" or whatever, I just loved it so much I didn't care. Now, they were both ruined--so then I had none--and ended up re-buying one and getting other color in a slim version. But seriously, those bags made me so happy and that's all that mattered!

The turquoise hobo is a department store exclusive. You can still get it. :smile:

You are right though, if they would make me so happy, maybe it doesn't matter if they are the same style.

I feel the same as the others with multiples. If I get "attached" to a stlye, I will buy more than one color. I just try not to buy the same colors as my other stlyes. I have 4 Zoes (Lg Choc Sig, Lg Pat Black, Lg Copper, Med Pat Berry), 2 Ergo Pleated Satchels (Pat Navy, silver), 3 Garnet (Grey Croc, Pierced Black, Mahogony)