French Vogue blacklisted from Balenciaga??

Sep 24, 2008
In other Balenciaga news, noticeably absent from Thursday’s front row was French Vogue editor in chief Carine Roitfeld and her team. They were barred from the show. “We’re blacklisted,” Roitfeld said with a shrug at Nina Ricci later in the day. “It’s too bad, it’s a beautiful house and it’s French. I hope that it’s not forever.” She noted Balenciaga no longer advertises in the magazine or lends it clothes, but stopped short of giving any reason for the rift. “Ask them,” she offered. A Balenciaga spokesman declined comment.

via: http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/carine-roitfeld-blacklisted-by-balenciaga-2526299?src=twitter?

any idea why?? tpf can solve anything.

I subscribe to french Vogue and hadn't actually noticed this.
I'm very curious as to the reason. French Vogue is my fave magazine so I'd be sad if this really continues.

Huh. I thought "big ones" like french vogue had sort of diplomatic immunity to anything and everyone in the fashion world. Id be curious to know what happened there... And what put the ban on!

I read somewhere that someone was speculating that it could have something to do with Marie-Amelie Sauve but I doubt that would be enough for such a drastic step.

a friend of mine posted this on another forum:

Roitfeld added that the label no longer lends them clothes or advertises in the magazine, but did not say what she did to make them so upset. Armani banned Horyn for not writing positive reviews and supposedly making "unnecessarily sarcastic comments" about his friends and family. French Vogue's offense may have been something like breaking up a Balenciaga look. Stylist Venetia Scott spoke not too long ago about the present-day nature of styling for magazines, and how houses often try to forbid magazines from mixing their pieces with those from other labels, which entirely defeats the point of styling. Maybe Carine, heaven forbid, took styling liberties. She may be able to smooth things over with some sweet talk or a really nice cookie bouquet (no, really, that's how it works).

But in the meantime, who's at a greater loss? Carine or Balenciaga?

Read more: Balenciaga Banned Carine Roitfeld -- The Cut http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/03/balenciaga_banned_car

Livia 1 - who is Marie-Amelie Sauve and what happened with her? I'm curious to know more!!

She is a fashion director at French Vogue though she hasn't done anything for them for a long time. In fact I'm not entirely sure if she's still with them?
She is also a consultant for Balenciaga and friend of Nicolas Ghesquière ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• nicolas.jpg
    nicolas.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 543