Any thoughts on the Sistina?

sarahsar

O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
I have been wanting a special order Galliera PM in Damier Ebene for a long time, but haven't gotten around to placing an order (it's a big hassle for me because I don't have a store anywhere near to do it). I've been dragging my feet, and now there are rumors that they have discontinued special orders for that bag. While looking on the LV site today, I became more intrigued by the Sistina GM. It seems similar in some way to the Galliera, and might be a good alternative if it's true that the special orders have been stopped.

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with the Sistina GM? I can't find much about it on TPF. The Sistina clubhouse doesn't have a lot of posts. It's pretty expensive (makes the SO Galliera look like a bargain), but is a very pretty bag. To anyone who has used it - how good of a shoulder bag is it? One thing I like about the Galiera is that it is one of the most comfortable shoulder bags I've ever carried. The straps stay on the shoulder and it isn't heavy. Is the Sistina comfortable to carry?

I haven't tried on the Sistina but I have seen it IRL and it is gorgeous. My understanding was that LV temporarily put a hold on SO for the damier ebene galliera (and other bags?) because they were expanding their print pattern options for certain bags. I took that to mean that the Damier Ebene Galliera may soon be in the regular line up of bags, so no need to SO it! I might wait a bit and see if they add the gallier in ebene to the regular line up.....or try to check with 866 vuitton and see what they say? Good luck!

My mom briefly purchased the sistina, and then promptly returned it. She had the MM, and the size was a little awkward. The angle of the strap means that it asks to be wrinkled, and the buckle is likely to get worn with use. She returned it after 1 day of not even carrying it and just worrying about the wear. :s

I haven't tried on the Sistina but I have seen it IRL and it is gorgeous. My understanding was that LV temporarily put a hold on SO for the damier ebene galliera (and other bags?) because they were expanding their print pattern options for certain bags. I took that to mean that the Damier Ebene Galliera may soon be in the regular line up of bags, so no need to SO it! I might wait a bit and see if they add the gallier in ebene to the regular line up.....or try to check with 866 vuitton and see what they say? Good luck!

I hope they're adding it to the permanent line! That would be great. I have a Galliera GM in Azur that I love. I really think it's the most comfortable shoulder carry bag I have. I have been wanting it in Ebene for ages because I think it would end up being my ultimate go-to bag - no worries about weather and vachetta! So I was very disappointed to hear they might not be doing special orders anymore. But if that's because they're adding it to the permanent line, I may be able to hold out for a while to see.

My mom briefly purchased the sistina, and then promptly returned it. She had the MM, and the size was a little awkward. The angle of the strap means that it asks to be wrinkled, and the buckle is likely to get worn with use. She returned it after 1 day of not even carrying it and just worrying about the wear. :s

I could see that about the MM in particular. The strap seems a bit unusual in how it's attached.