SS 10 Order Rumination Thread

sillykitty

Jun 6, 2009
I know I'm ahead of the curve in deciding what bags I'm going to order for SS10, since I have seen all the swatches ...but I'm starting to decide what bags I want to order.....

I know for certain I want something in Blue Shine ...even though it is another blue! It's so soft and beautiful I can't pass it up. I'm thinking a Josie, no reinforcement at all and having a silver or old gunmetal in the braid.

I also definitely want a Travel Bag .... I'm thinking the Pearlized Grey would be a good option ... neutral, but not boring!

For the Brown family .... I'm loving both Vintage Camel, and the Smoked Tan, and the one I think is Oak (i.e. Teena Tan). I'm definitely going to get something in Vintage Camel ....and it's very structured .....hmmmm....

A blue shine Josie with silver or gunmetal in the braid would be awesome! Love that idea. For the spongey browns, Mini Emilia! Not sure what to mix in the braid though since you like color in your braid! But I love this leather in the Mini E! I think Oak would be pretty in a Mini Chiara too! I'm considering smoked tan in a Mini C. Vintage Camel in a Virginia if you don't feel that 2 are too many already! Or a Mini Ormala. But I'm not sure how many Mini Os you have now. The travel bag in pearlized grey sounds nice too! How is it pearlized? I was confused by that one.

Here's my list:
1) Smoked Tan; Mini Emilia or Mini Chiara? I thought Mini E at first but I want a chocolate leather Mini E too so is Oak, Smoked Tan and chocolate too many brown Mini Es?
2) Yellow lamb or yellow cream; depends on which yellow I like better. I was thinking Mini Chiara but now I'm leaning toward a Josephine or maybe Josephine Max? I thought I'd ask Maria about a soft gold leather too to mix into the braid. I like yellow and gold together. A Mini E is another consideration.
3) Taupe 057; not a SS color but I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Mini O in this.
4) Chocolate; Maria is looking into a spongey chocolate for me. I sold my TC Mini E and planned to replace it with something else. I think I'm going to do a Mini E with the studs moved and no zipper.

I have 4 leathers and 4 styles I'm interested in: leathers are taupe, chocolate, yellow and smoked tan. Styles are Josephine (or Jos. Max), Mini Chiara, Mini Ormala and Mini Emilia. Now to match styles to leathers! LOL! And suede lining for everyone!

If I had unlimited closet space, I would probably get:

- Vintage Pink Mini-O: I usually do not like faux exotics, but there is something so interesting about this color and texture. I want to see more!

- Cracked Pewter Millie Max: I could use another cross-body bag. My current one, a Mini-Sofia messenger has suede lining and gets rather heavy. I'd like one with cloth lining and I love Duranie's!

- Turquoise SUEDE Josephine: 'Nuff said.

- One of the oranges in a Mini-O. Concern is whether it is right orange for me and whether it works for that style.

- Blue Sky make-up bag or baby millie.

Alas, I have NO closet space left so I may sadly get nothing. My mom wants one of my bags and if I can convince her or one of my friends to take another, I will have room for one of the above. But, I am looking forward to everyone's orders and reveals!

Those all sound lovely, Jane! I really like the idea of a blue sky make up bag!! And turquoise suede Josephine!

I'm coming back to reality and thinking I REALLY should only add 2 bags. But what 2? The styles I like best are Mini Emilia and Mini Chiara. So what about a taupe Mini Chiara and yellow Mini Emilia? No smoked tan or spongey chocolate?

I have tan and brown bags already. I'd own a million brown bags and still find another brown I'd want. But would I honestly USE taupe or yellow? Sometimes I think I want something and then when I get it, it's not what I thought it'd be or I find I can't use it.

Dang it! I love creating bags but I hate when I can't have everything I want!

So I promised myself I wouldn't get another bag until July...but I just got swatches (bronzy chocolate and I think pearlized grey)....and UGH so tempting!!! SK- can you confirm that the photo of the gray is not as dark IRL? My swatch is definitely several shades lighter.

Anywho, I'm definitely getting something in the gray. I'm thinking Midi-Sophia with a messenger strap with black drawstring, naughty bottom and handles.

I'd want a Luisa for when I go to Dland (we have season passes)...but I have a swingpack that I don't use, so I'll prolly get a couple wristlets and maybe a small cosmetics bag. DH will shoot me cuz that's a bag a month I've done LOL, but I'll be done for awhile after this.

The brown's tempting (almost black in color!) but with the LM and the speedy...I think I got the brown family covered.

I..How to you think the Pearlized Grey compares to the Pearlized Charcoal..would they compliment each other..which would work better with black as an accent?

I don't want to dupe post about my ruminations which I posted on the Sneak Peek thread....but besides the ROAK purse..I'm still pondering something else..not for me though..for my DD#1. It all depends on my conversation with Maria..hopefully tomorrow.
I promise to share ASAP. I can't order anything without swatches though because I need to see things IRL and feel them.

Gabby..Ormala..Mini-Gabby...Mini-Ormala..strap drop? Hardware will definitely be silver though..LOL. No brights or pastels...no purple..I love purple on everyone.

I'm afraid to ask Maria for swatches because I'm trying to behave..LOL. Seriously, how long does it take to get them in hand?

GB, whereas pearlized charcoal is like black with a metallic overlay, the gray swatch in my hands that I think is pearlized gray is indeed a true cool gray, not too dark ,not too light; my perfect gray. The sheen on my swatch is not metallic, but rather like black 109's sheen, which makes me like the pairing of it with black, although TBH, it'll work with both. :smile: together with each other, I'm not too sure, but that's cuz my swatch of it is too small.

swatches take about 2 weeks...Maria and I had been talking about these colors before so she kindly sent them without asking LOL

TL - I think a smoked Tan would be too many brown Mini E's IMO. What about a Josie, so you can still take advantage of the softness?

I'll have to take the Yellow cream I have ready to mail to take a pic w the Honey Gold. I'm not sure how they would work together, as the Honey Gold is a deep orangey 24K color gold. But I'm not a gold person, so don't listen to me! If the yellow lamb is bright, I think it would suit a Mini O or Mini C. The Yellow Cream on the other hand is more mellow and pillowy, I see it in a more casual style like Mini E maybe.

Funny, I think the Taupe is a beautiful color, I just cannot picture a bag in it for some unknown reason!

I'm really loving the spongey leather, so I'd love to see a chocolate!

Btw ...those are my exact 4 styles I like as well....lol!

JB - I didn't get a swatch of the Vintage Pink Reptile ... so Maria will have to take the pics if you want more! I'm sorry!

I'll post photos of the Cracked Pewter in a bit. It's an interesting color, I didn't think "Pewter" when I first saw it. I only figured it out via process of elimination. It's really an irridescent that looks pink/peach at one angle and greenish at another. REALLY hard to describe, and capture in photos! It's over wine colored leather. In my honest opinion, I was disappointed when I saw it, because I really wanted a makeup case in a silvertone cracker leather, and this isn't it!

Turquoise Suede Josie would be GORGEOUS! Oh...and if you add another leather to the braid...ohhh...ahhh.... The leather is super thick!

I like the idea of a Mini O in orange. I'll be posting the Red Orange lamb w the Orange Pebbled and w the AW Orange pebbled. They are all beautiful in their own way. I like more formal styles like the Mini O w fun bright leathers. I contemplated the AW Pebbled Orange in a Mini O for a while.

I have never ever like calf hair until I saw Blue Sky. I like the make up bag idea....I may have to steal it, if I'm brave enough!

GB & I - I LOVE pearlized Grey. I asked Maria and it's a tinted leather. So it has that same lightweight, silky feel to it, but should be tough as nails. I agree that it's lighter than the pic on the website I. It's a true cool grey, no warmth that I can see. I also think that Pearlized isn't a good name for it, since it's not at all like the others they've name Pearlized, like Charcoal or Bordeaux or Brown. This is more of a rich grey w the typical tinted gloss to it, IMO. I'd have to see it up against the Pearlized Charcoal to be certain, but not loving the combo in my head. The Pearlized Charcoal can look so shiny and blue at some angles and lights, I see it detracting from the beauty of the Pearlized Grey.

I - my swatch is small too...I bet she cut it in half ...lol! I think Luisa is the perfect Dland purse!

So I already placed an order for two bags! :nuts:

Josie
Blue Shine
Silver w Blue mixed in braid
Suede lining TBD
Silver hw
No reinforcement what so ever

Travel Bag
Black Fabric lining (ugh...practical)
Silver hw
No reinforcement what so ever

So on the Blue Shine Josie... what suede lining? I'm leaning towards yellow, as I love the combo, but I just received my Red Virginia w yellow suede. Its beautiful, but I don't like to repeat!

Still going to add on to this order I'm sure!

FYI ... Blue Shine is extremely limited, so jump on it if you want it!

hi everyone. i've been trying to design the perfect ignes for months now, and the midi sophia with 2 different leathers in the grey family that i thought i would love is no longer speaking to me - partly because of the style itself and partly because i just couldn't get the combination of leathers that i wanted. so, i scraped it all.

i HAVE decided to do a josie (i think the style is more "me" and would look better with my body type) in one of the grey leathers and with chain handles. Wondering if i should do a different colored leather handle? Would it still be possible to do a braided handle if it's part chain? What contrasting leathers should i choose in either case?

it is possible to do a magnetic closure with the josie, rather than zipper?

i'm also doing a pink suede interior.

My new pre-order:

1) Mini Chiara blue shine, yellow suede (I'm trusting you're thoughts on this, SK!), silver hw, messenger strap shortened to 10", matching seam paint, thread, zippers, very little reinforcement just to help it stand a bit.
2) Mini Emilia yellow lamb or 797, turquoise suede, gold hw, matching everything, no zipper on front, move studs like my oak Mini E, no reinforcement.
3) Mini Emilia spongey chocolate (or smoked tan), gold splashed suede (or green suede if I go w/ smoked tan), gold hw, matching everything, no zipper on front, move studs, no reinforcement.

This is a pre-order so I have no idea how it'll turn out in the end but I want to at least have a plan! I have to see the leathers in person first! Thanks, SK, for your thoughts!