Ladies, I need your opinions would any of these vintage dresses work?

*qp*

Aug 7, 2008
Ladies, The past few weeks I've been obsessed with vtg dresses so much that I'm kind of off the cliff... I'm lost what still works and old-fashioned. Now my buying list is getting unbielievably uncontrollable...I'm in desperate need of your opinions on these dresses. I know so many that's why I really need your help. I wish I can buy and keep all !!! Let me know your picks. If you can advise what still work and what to wear with I will really appreciate :heart: TIA

P.S I need them for formal banquets, and official dinners and balls

bleurobe.jpg

fleur1.jpg

fleurdeau.jpg

puffballdressback.jpg

puffballdress.jpg

robedargent.jpg

midnight.jpg

Last edited:
Okay here is my take:

Beautiful dresses with the exception of the Black and white prison strip one. That one needs to go. The first blue one might need some alterations to make it more modern. The second pink floral one might need some alterations too. I think that most of the dresses are gorgeous, however it would be easier to tell with actual modeling photos. Also, it depends on where you plan to wear the dresses.

Okay here is my take:

Beautiful dresses with the exception of the Black and white prison strip one. That one needs to go. The first blue one might need some alterations to make it more modern. The second pink floral one might need some alterations too. I think that most of the dresses are gorgeous, however it would be easier to tell with actual modeling photos. Also, it depends on where you plan to wear the dresses.

Oops sry for included the black and white dress , it's just another vintage dress. I will delete it now to avoid confusion. Thanks :smile:

I like the cream one shoulder, blue one shoulder, black, & pink w/ rosettes at the bottom... However I'm not sure I would wear any of these to a formal dinner or ball... When I hear the word 'formal' I think of a longer hemline.

I like the cream one shoulder, blue one shoulder, black, & pink w/ rosettes at the bottom... However I'm not sure I would wear any of these to a formal dinner or ball... When I hear the word 'formal' I think of a longer hemline.

I'm in the military. I agree that longer hemline is more appropriate. These past two years I've seen girls wearing tea length dresses and look super cute and more comfortable. So since last month I decided I will start buying them too. Can't wait to wear my first tea length for this coming banquet end of this month. Unless they address about dress code in the invitation...qp is on a mission :broom: !!!

Ladies, The past few weeks I've been obsessed with vtg dresses so much that I'm kind of off the cliff... I'm lost what still works and old-fashioned. Now my buying list is getting unbielievably uncontrollable...I'm in desperate need of your opinions on these dresses. I know so many that's why I really need your help. I wish I can buy and keep all !!! Let me know your picks. If you can advise what still work and what to wear with I will really appreciate :heart: TIA

P.S I need them for formal banquets, and official dinners and balls

fleur1.jpg

puffballdressback.jpg

puffballdress.jpg

robedargent.jpg

these three are beautiful! the first two arent really formal at all but they're so cute... I LOOOOOOOVE the last one... GORGEOUS!

and the ombre in the next post.... good finds!