Plaid shirtdress in spring?

~bastet

O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
I have this Juicy plaid shirt dress in red. I love it, but it's been too :censor: cold to wear it lately. Will it look weird if I wear it in the spring?

In fall/winter, I wore it with tights and boots. What type of shoes do you think I could wear with it in spring? I'd like to keep wearing brown tights with it, since it's a little short. Could I get away with knee boots? I'm leaning towards "no" because I don't normally wear boots in spring, but I'm at a loss as to what shoes would go with it.

I agree -- cropped leggings would be great with this dress!

Do you think that this look could be pulled off with flats? I'm almost 5"4, so on the short side, but I'm slim. I'm a little nervous about booties because I haven't found a pair that don't make my legs look even shorter. I need the perfect combination of high heel and cut low so that I can still see that I have ankles. :P

Do you think that this look could be pulled off with flats? I'm almost 5"4, so on the short side, but I'm slim. I'm a little nervous about booties because I haven't found a pair that don't make my legs look even shorter. I need the perfect combination of high heel and cut low so that I can still see that I have ankles. :P

I'm a shortie too, so I feel your hesitation on the flats! How about this ankle bootie: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...0%26Ntt%3Dbootie%26_requestid%3D48912%26N%3D0

Or this one, in black:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...0%26Ntt%3Dbootie%26_requestid%3D48912%26N%3D0

I think this would look cute with flats too. I think if you're petite, cropped pants/leggings and flats looks really cute and classy!

I think flats would work with the dress. I think the colors are a bit dark for spring, but I prefer to wear pale neutrals and a some brights in spring/summer. You could also try bicycle shorts underneath a la Alexander Wang, although it is a very trendy, downtown thing.