More confused than ever: need your opinion

ipurse

Apr 22, 2007
Ladies,

I have posted a thread before about a black classic flap by asking a question re: how long the wait was. I went to NM the other day (can't go there often because it's 1.5 hour away). They don't have any black flaps in stock in the size that I am looking for. According to her, the wait for these flaps could be a while. However, as I read more threads about WOC, I really like the idea of having a WOC.

Basically, I would want to buy WOC in black. Mostly, I will use it on the weekend (casual wear--jeans, khaki shorts) and some weekdays that require me to carry a laptop bag. I wear business or business casual type clothes to work.

This will be my first chanel. Would you recommend me to buy a black envelope WOC (caviar) or a black lambskin classic? On one hand, I really like the classic look of the classic WOC (quilting and all). But on the other hand, many posts discuss how lambskin is so delicate. Anyway, which of these two you think looks better? So what would you suggest? I am now leaning toward getting the envelope but I am afraid I will regret it later. Your thoughts? I am so confused.

I just got a woc, and I love it especially for work because I carry a laptop bag and there are times it's nice to throw the woc in it and consolidate the two.

Ladies,

This will be my first chanel. Would you recommend me to buy a black envelope WOC (caviar) or a black lambskin classic? On one hand, I really like the classic look of the classic WOC (quilting and all). But on the other hand, many posts discuss how lambskin is so delicate. Anyway, which of these two you think looks better? So what would you suggest? I am now leaning toward getting the envelope but I am afraid I will regret it later. Your thoughts? I am so confused.

looks, definitely classic quilted w/ silver CC's. on the other hand, sturdier, course the caviar. though i've read a few reviews of members who own the lambskin, and swore it isn't as delicate as it looks. in addition, if you'd consider the reissue style in matte/distressed calf, that's another toughie w/ looks to boot!

Both bags are gorgeous and classic! WOC really does not fit all that much though so it depends on how much you carry. Whereas, Jumbo is Perfect for everyday! I like quilted and envelope WOC's so you really can't go wrong!

Now I am leaning toward getting a classic flap. OMG, I am so confused.
you better :P
My very first one was m/l black lambskin with ghw
2nd was jumbo black caviar ghw also.
3rd is m/l white caviar ghw.
4th is going to be jumbo beige caviar in ghw.
5th will be m/l beige caviar and ghw as well :P

oh...by the way, bought 3 Chanel's sunnies at the same styles with different color shades....so am very particular to what I want and liking :P

Now I am leaning toward getting a classic flap. OMG, I am so confused.
It is not necessary to buy flap as the first Chanel bag. If you think you will use WOC the most you should go for it. Classic envelope is a very nice WOC. You can also use it as a special and evening bag. On the other hand, I am quite certain after you acquire your first Chanel bag, you will soon want more and eventually get a jumbo flap.

(I love your location!!)

This is the problem with Chanel - you want them all :P

Maybe if you can decide on the ideal size/purpose/etc. for your bag, then that will help narrow your choices a little? (And perhaps start making that list of 'future' Chanel's too! It's a slippery slope!)

Okay okay. I'm refocusing. I am gonna stick with WOC. I still have other handbags I can use to carry stuff around (most are LV). I want a WOC when I have to carry a laptop bag or when I go shopping on sat or sun. Which one would u get between lambskin classic WOC and envelope WOC?

(I love your location!!)

This is the problem with Chanel - you want them all :P

Maybe if you can decide on the ideal size/purpose/etc. for your bag, then that will help narrow your choices a little? (And perhaps start making that list of 'future' Chanel's too! It's a slippery slope!)

About location-- we have BBQ restaurants everywhere in this town/city. LOL.

I bought the envelope WOC in december and at that time was deciding between the caviar envelope WOC and the lambskin quilted WOC. I still like the quilted WOC a lot and am planning to get that one in caviar if Chanel will release that one again. I am so happy I got the envelope WOC. I use it for running errands and when I go out at night. It's so convenient and it fits all my essentials. I also like the fact it's not so fragile, I don't have to worry that it can get a scratch or marks. It's a worry-free WOC! :biggrin:

I bought the envelope WOC in december and at that time was deciding between the caviar envelope WOC and the lambskin quilted WOC. I still like the quilted WOC a lot and am planning to get that one in caviar if Chanel will release that one again. I am so happy I got the envelope WOC. I use it for running errands and when I go out at night. It's so convenient and it fits all my essentials. I also like the fact it's not so fragile, I don't have to worry that it can get a scratch or marks. It's a worry-free WOC! :biggrin:

Kaypa; you have been through the same decision as me. I am not sure what to do. I have to sleep on it for a night. Thanks.