Ebay dilemma.. Need advice from experts

Mememo

Nov 1, 2008
Hi guys,

I won the bid for a longchamp le pliage from an ebay seller last Friday and paid (via Paypal) immediately. I emailed the seller asking if she/he can send the item to me ASAP because I am going to be out of the country for a few months and I want to bring the bag with me (leaving in 2 weeks).

I messaged her a couple of times but she won't reply. I messaged her again and asked if she can send the item via USPS priority (I live in Canada) so it will get to me faster.. she finally replied and said that Priority will cost $18, I originally paid $14 for shipping so I said I'm ready to pay the additional $4. Then I went back and reviewed the listing, which said that she uses USPS priority for shipping and its $14 for Canada.. which made me a bit uneasy.

I checked out her feedback and it seems like she's sold a number of longchamps but she uses the same pictures and relists items frequently. I bid on another color but lost it and she sent me a 'second offer' for the item! Even if she's fully aware that I already bought one of her bags. I also noticed that she does not give her buyers feedback. She also listed a Juicy Couture bag which looks so shady because it says that she only ships to the US while the longchamp listing says she does international shipping. It also says "Sellers: do not steal ******'s pictures. We will report you!" and its not her ebay ID... so I'm assuming she stole the listing/pictures.. pretty much the whole page.

I am so worried about this because I am only a poor college student who works hard for her money. :cry: I am going on an exchange in Japan in two weeks and I saved up money so I can have it as my school bag.. Am I just being paranoid or is she really up to something? I tried reporting it to Ebay but they said its too early.. what should I do? Please help!!

Sorry for your situation.

Please clarify. I am confused... what are your reporting to eBay? Please post the auction link or seller name so we can help you and look at the auction. (I would ask you to PM, but I see you are a newbie.)

What do you want advice on? If it is bothering to you, perhaps you should ask to cancel the transaction. And buy else where.... like at duty free at the airport, and there is a big Longchamp boutique in Tokyo. :biggrin:

As advise for the future, i always ask about requests on shipping (like send later, send sooner, combine items) before I bid. that way if the seller says no, I do not waste my money.

Last edited:
Sorry for your situation.

Please clarify. I am confused... what are your reporting to eBay? Please PM me the ID and auction numbers if you want help with authentication.

What do you want advice on? If it is bothering to you, perhaps you should ask to cancel the transaction. And buy else where.... like at duty free at the airport, and there is a big Longchamp boutique in Tokyo. :biggrin:

As advise for the future, i always ask about requests on shipping (like send later, send sooner, combine items) before I bid. that way if the seller says no, I do not waste my money.

thank you so much for replying! I am not sure how to use the PM option here since this is only my 2nd post.

I clicked on the Ebay Resolution and then chose the option for 'did not receive item' but it said there that it's too early to do that.

I had doubts with the pictures themselves cause the handles look a bit shorter than the usual large sized ones but I got too excited and bid on it. :sad:

I thought it would be more expensive in Tokyo so I bought it off ebay (got my medium sized longchamp there too but different seller).

Please advise me on this :sad:

Mememo... I agree w/ Ballet_russe... if we could see the auction please that you bid on, it would very much help to determine if pix were stolen, or if there is any issue w/ the selling behaviors.

You cannot PM yet. Can you post the auction link?

I shall leave Ballet_russe the task of checking the photos of the Longchamp and let her refer to authenticity.

As to the Juicy items, only in the JC auctions is the statement made not to steal photos from La Boutique Lunaire. No mention of this Boutique in any other listings.
And I see no reference as to this being this seller's store. Nor do I find that name as any ebay store.

Does anyone reading recognize this as a store name/seller name? La Boutique Lunaire...??

Hi! All seller's bags are all authentic in the photos. He has them watermarked.

If you think they are familiar photos, you are right. The seller laura_fin before had very similar ones to those of yushi1234777. She uses different photos now. I will not accuse anyone for stealing.... Hmmm.... :blah: earlier I did report to eBay once, that the photos were same, and they said they could not determine anything.

Last edited:
Hi! The all seller's bags are all authentic in the photos. He has them watermarked.

If you think they are familiar photos, you are right. The seller laura_fin before had very similar ones to those of yushi1234777. She uses different photos now. I will not accuse anyone for stealing.... Hmmm.... :blah: earlier I did report to eBay once, that the photos were same, and they said they could not determine anything.
Laura_fin? Was she a scammer?

I'm really confused and worried right now. Should I wait and see if the seller will reply? Or should I file an ebay resolution after March 5th? (said that I can't file until that date) or file a paypal dispute? This is my first time encountering this situation so I'm not sure on what to do. :sad:

^why not? send him an email and ask. good luck. but he can refuse and file NPB strike... if you bid your bid is contract. Ask before you buy in the future. :flowers:

I am very confused on the source of the photos. 3 different sellers have 3 very similar photos, 3 different watermarks. Notice, same style and same background. I cannot understand!

Yushi1234777 -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Longchamp-Le-Pl...WH_Handbags?hash=item4a9f0732d2#ht_4721wt_958

rox_marie001 -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Longchamp-Le-Pl...WH_Handbags?hash=item335ab204fe#ht_7760wt_958

laura_fin -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Longchamp-Le-Pl...WH_Handbags?hash=item3caab034e0#ht_3328wt_958

^why not? send him an email and ask. good luck. but he can refuse and file NPB strike... if you bid your bid is contract. Ask before you buy in the future. :flowers:

I am very confused on the source of the photos. 3 different sellers have 3 very similar photos, 3 different watermarks. Notice, same style and same background. I cannot understand!

Yushi1234777 -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Longchamp-Le-Pl...WH_Handbags?hash=item4a9f0732d2#ht_4721wt_958

rox_marie001 -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Longchamp-Le-Pl...WH_Handbags?hash=item335ab204fe#ht_7760wt_958

laura_fin -- http://cgi.ebay.com/Longchamp-Le-Pl...WH_Handbags?hash=item3caab034e0#ht_3328wt_958

And they all have around the same number of ratings.. What happens if he files me a NPB strike? Can i defend myself and say that he wasnt replying to any of my messages? So I got worried and canceled the auction.. would that be a good reason? T_T

MEMEMO.....For future reference....

When you purchase on Ebay US, Buyer Protection is as follows.. please read it...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

You can file disputes on ebay OR PP, either one, but not both.

For INR, after 7 days (I think it's 10 days for INTL shipping)

For SNAD, only after the item is received.

INR means that they haven't shipped it yet nor contacted me, right? I'm not sure which one will be better pp or ebay..

Do you recommend just waiting until the 7 or 10 days before filing? Or cancel and ask for a refund if he doesn't reply in a few days?

INR means that they haven't shipped it yet nor contacted me, right? I'm not sure which one will be better pp or ebay..

Do you recommend just waiting until the 7 or 10 days before filing? Or cancel and ask for a refund if he doesn't reply in a few days?

INR is Item Not Received... which is what ebay was telling you is TOO SOON to file. You have to wait 7-10 days.
If the seller has not shipped yet, you can ASK him if you may please cancel your transaction and obtain a refund. IMO, you need to do that NOW before he ships. If he has already shipped, then too late. Do not file an INR if the seller has already shipped.
If you do receive the bag, please post pix in the AUTH THIS LONGCHAMP thread and Ballet_russe will be happy to authenticate the actual bag received for you.