What happens if a package sent to a wrong address?

mx2000

Feb 5, 2009
I sent a package to the buyer's confirmed paypal address a few days ago, but the buyer just told me that she hasn't received the package yet cause it was a wrong address and asked for a refund or redeliver, then I tracked the status of the package online and found it was already delivered. I received her money through paypal, but she said her credit card was billed, So if the buyer files a dispute, will I win the case?

Thanks!

I sent a package to the buyer's confirmed paypal address a few days ago, but the buyer just told me that she hasn't received the package yet cause it was a wrong address and asked for a refund or redeliver, then I tracked the status of the package online and found it was already delivered. I received her money through paypal, but she said her credit card was billed, So if the buyer files a dispute, will I win the case?

Thanks!
You need to call PP and tell them you sent to confirmed address and it shows it was received. It is HER responsibility to update confirmed address. You need to be nice but try to get the buyer to trace it to the address that she says was "wrong." You should also trace the package and find out WHO it was delivered to and WHEN. Why would she have a wrong address on her confirmed account I wonder?
Did you get signature confirmation delivery? Or just showing that it was delivered will probably protect you with PP. Was this on ebay or what?

Last edited:
You need to call PP and tell them you sent to confirmed address and it shows it was received. It is HER responsibility to update confirmed address. You need to be nice but try to get the buyer to trace it to the address that she says was "wrong." You should also trace the package and find out WHO it was delivered to and WHEN. Why would she have a wrong address on her confirmed account I wonder?
Did you get signature confirmation delivery? Or just showing that it was delivered will probably protect you with PP. Was this on ebay or what?

Thanks for your reply. I sold it on ebay, and I already told the buyer to go to the wrong address to see if she could get the package. I have delivery confirmation which shows the package was delivered two days ago. It was not an expensive item so I didn't buy signature confirmation.

Thanks for your reply. I sold it on ebay, and I already told the buyer to go to the wrong address to see if she could get the package. I have delivery confirmation which shows the package was delivered two days ago. It was not an expensive item so I didn't buy signature confirmation.
Then that is all you will need to prove to ebay/PP that it was delivered. It is amazing that people think you, not they, will do the legwork -- like try to find out if their confirmed address is current. Crazy.

Then that is all you will need to prove to ebay/PP that it was delivered. It is amazing that people think you, not they, will do the legwork -- like try to find out if their confirmed address is current. Crazy.

I just received another msg from the buyer, all she said is "I just want to get my money back!"....

I checked on google maps and found that it's only 0.1 miles between her paypal address where the package was sent to and the other "correct"address where she is living now, but all she wants is getting refund, instead of going there to see if she can get the package back! It's unbelievable!! BTW, she has 0 feedback before this transaction....

I just received another msg from the buyer, all she said is "I just want to get my money back!"....

I checked on google maps and found that it's only 0.1 miles between her paypal address where the package was sent to and the other "correct"address where she is living now, but all she wants is getting refund, instead of going there to see if she can get the package back! It's unbelievable!! BTW, she has 0 feedback before this transaction....

I wouldn't give her her money. That is ridiculous. I am sorry you have to deal with it.

Tell her that you shipped it to her confirmed address and it shows as delivered and you cannot give a refund since you did everything correctly. I would tell her it is only .01 mile to this address and you will need to go there and ask for the package since you gave me that address. I cannot believe this ebay. Sounds like a a scam to me.

Tell her that you shipped it to her confirmed address and it shows as delivered and you cannot give a refund since you did everything correctly. I would tell her it is only .01 mile to this address and you will need to go there and ask for the package since you gave me that address. I cannot believe this ebay. Sounds like a a scam to me.

agree here.. don't let her think this is your fault.. if she has

not updated her confirmed address with ebay/pp, she has a problem...

I would definitely call paypal and explain to them the situation. go ahead and block this buyer too. I would NOT give her that money back...sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

I just got another 2 msgs from her, she said" I checked it and that address does not even exsist!!!! I am really gettin upset either u can get my package to me or i can file a claim", "Look I am going to tell you this,it is also your responsibiliy to make sure your customer recieves their merchandise!!! If it is sent back please send it out again"

That's too ridiculous! What she meant is that her paypal address doesn't exist!

Shall I contact paypal before she files a claim?

The buyer expected you to have some psychic power to know her correct address?:rolleyes:
Yes, as others said, it's not a bad idea to call PayPal to make sure you are covered by the seller's protection. Also you can make them to look up how she could make "non-existent address" as a confirmed address.

I just got another 2 msgs from her, she said" I checked it and that address does not even exsist!!!! I am really gettin upset either u can get my package to me or i can file a claim", "Look I am going to tell you this,it is also your responsibiliy to make sure your customer recieves their merchandise!!! If it is sent back please send it out again"

That's too ridiculous! What she meant is that her paypal address doesn't exist!

Shall I contact paypal before she files a claim?

YES, contact both ebay and PP. The buyer may have 1 address on file w/ ebay and a diff address on file w/ PP. But, per PP seller protection, the seller must ship to the address on the PP transaction page. So call BOTH and advise them of this buyer's issues w/ her address. And do this ASAP, call PP first.