Black & gray Portobello Bag

Fabfashion

O.G.
Feb 18, 2010
I was in Hawaii last week on vacation and ordered the black/beige Portobello bag from the Chanel boutique there. I was trying to take advantage of the lower state tax of 4.17% as compared to Canada's 13%. The SA said there were only 2 Portobello left in all of the US and had one transferred in from California. It was supposed to arrive last Friday but due to some mixed up in California, it didn't arrive until Monday. I don't have any pictures yet as I shipped the bag back and it should be here on Saturday. The thing is the bag showed up in black with light gray flap instead of beige. I didn't have the time to discuss with the SA as I was on my way to the airport. It does looks quite nice in light gray. Now I'm just curious, does anyone know if the black/gray is from the spring collection or from previous collection?

Are you talking about this one? I got it from 09A.

Slide2-1.jpg

Are you talking about this one? I got it from 09A.

Slide2-1.jpg

No, the inside flap is in lamb leather but very pale gray. When the SA first took it out of the box I thought it was the lighting but it turned out to be light gray. It looks quite nice so I didn't make a fuss that it wasn't beige, actually it turned out to be a nice surprise. My hubby was getting impatient because it took them so long to transfer it and we were leaving the island. Luckily, the colors work out or he'd probably flip since we went back to the boutique 3 times.

Congrats, I think the porto looks great in any color combo!

Are there seriously only 2 left in the US? Umm CRAP! Anyone know if that includes Neimans?

this is the new portobello with black on light grey flap
it's very nice. now the new GST and portobello have the rings engraved Chanel 31 rue cambon ;)

IMG_1390_resize.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

these pics are the true color :graucho:

Last edited: