Are prices better in Europe for certain brands?

Base on my personal experience its really cheaper to buy in europe, i bought my LV tivoli gm in bal harbor for $1,360 + 6% tax then went to venice Italy asked for the price of the bag its €900 , you can get the tax refund of %12 out of that €900 , if i should have waited till i got to italy i should have saved almost $500 . I got my wapity multicolor for $350 (converted) wherein if i bought it in US its $390 + 6% tax !

Ok but what I was saying is that the LV prices themselves are not any cheaper....... It's just minus the tax. :P

The prices are a bit cheaper but not by much...I believe it was somewhere in the range of about $100 cheaper...some more expensive styles maybe even a bit more on the discount and you can save on the tax as well.

I believe that prices for Chanel are a bit cheaper too.

I was in Paris three years ago and Stockholm the year after that and I always saved money on my LV purchases. But you have to do your research first. Know the current exchange rate, and know what US LV is charging for the same item.

I bought my red Epi MM Passy, my black Epi Honfleur and my Neo-Denim Cabby for significantly less (exchange rate minus the country's VAT, minus USA's sales tax= almost 30% cheaper).

Example: at the time a Manhattan GM was running around $1800 pre tax here in the US, in Paris it was $1200 after the VAT refund.

LV germany is cheaper than US LV,about other brands I dont know,ive only heard that everything must be totally cheaper there by you my sister also said that when she went there

Lv france is also still cheaper than germany,because its country of origin,of course the goods will be more expensive in the us due to import costs because they have to bring it "over the big lake" as we say here:smile:

Mainland Europe is much cheaper than the UK (because of the high exchange rate of the pound), so the expensive Burberry there is probably not an indicator of prices in Europe. If he is traveling in France and Germany, I would think certain things, such as luxury bags, would definitely be cheaper.

Actually it's cheaper in Europe than the US (for most countries in Europe, anyway). For example, a Speedy 25 in the US is $665 before tax, while in Germany it's EUR 450 (tax included), and at today's exchange rate, it's $620. So you save about $50 plus tax.

I've done the research, since my family's in the US and I've been trying to figure out where I should buy...

The British pound is still quite high, so it's hard to find things that are cheaper there than in the US (or often even in Europe).

Edited to add: LV in France is a bit cheaper than in Germany, too.

That's interesting! Thanks for the info.. that's really helpful.. I've always thought it's more expensive in Europe but your calculation is quite reliable.. :biggrin:

That's interesting! Thanks for the info.. that's really helpful.. I've always thought it's more expensive in Europe but your calculation is quite reliable.. :biggrin:

the price difference is in most cases about 5€ (speedy 35) to 20€ but you can compare the prices on vuitton.com, just choose france or germany and visit the online shop

what you shouldn't buy in Europe is MAC cosmetics... same with every other non European make up brand (Shu Uemura, crazy pricing).
As for fashion and bags: Hermès of course is cheapest in France, Goyard too (huge saving compared to the US).

I just returned from London and yes, I found Gucci prices a bit lower. Plus, I got a 10% VAT refund at the airport, so I paid $300 less than retail price. On a $1300 bag, that's a great deal :tup: