How long is the wait for a black jumbo classic flap?

ipurse

Apr 22, 2007
Hello everyone,

I have several LV bags but I haven't owned any Chanel yet. Though, my friend has successfully convinced me that I NEED at least one chanel. After reading many posts in this forum, I am also convinced. I would love to have a black classic flap (caviar or lambskin--whichever I can get my hand on) with goldHW. Regarding size, I am small (5'2; 115lbs), but I think I need a jumbo size. Medium seems to be too small to fit all my stuff. Anyway, the closest chanel store is 1.5 hours away (Atlanta). I haven't made it there yet.

I have questions for you all. I apologize if this is a stupid question but since I am new...I guess you guys will accept my apology. Is there a wait list for a black classic flap (Jumbo) with goldHW? If so, how long is the wait? Would silverHW be available?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I was on a waitlist once at the boutique but took them less than a week to call back to tell me the bag had arrived. I however didn't buy from that particular boutique. And they should have the black classic on hand both in Gold and Silver. Definitely get gold!! :smile:

I was on a waitlist once at the boutique but took them less than a week to call back to tell me the bag had arrived. I however didn't buy from that particular boutique. And they should have the black classic on hand both in Gold and Silver. Definitely get gold!! :smile:

Okay. Thank you. Some e...bay sellers made it sound like these bags aren't available and that the wait will be FOREVER.

In some states the wait shouldn´t be too long, as opposed to other countries where the waitlist can range from 3 to 6 months. I think you´ll be fine though buying it in Atlanta.

For your first Chanel....it is so worth the drive to go to the boutique!! Not only is it a fun experience, it is great to touch and feel and see all of the difference! Good Luck finding your perfect Chanel! :smile:

Black Caviar Jumbo

As of Saturday PM (2-20-2010) SAKS in Highland Park (SA Eve (I think?????) Chicago area, phone (847) 681-5100)) and SAKS Stony Point, Richmond VA (SA Terri, (804) 320-6960) had both the gold silver hardware. I spoke with them on Saturday... all SAs mentioned that they got new limited stock in and had only one or two available. Since I already have both bags and was not looking for one I would encourage you to follow-up. Please note, I do not have close, working relationships with these SAs but, I did call a SAKS SA that I do purchase from frequently and he mentioned that all Saks recently got in limited stock in the past few days and all locations may recently have one or two available in one or both hardware selections. I spoke with them on Saurday 3:00p.m. EST. Good luck with your search. I would personally call all of them!!!!! HTH.

Erin at Bloomingdales called me last week for black jumbo lambskin ghw.
Give she a call you may get a chance to buy it sooner plus 15% discount for new account holder.

Black Caviar Jumbo

As of Saturday PM (2-20-2010) SAKS in Highland Park (SA Eve (I think?????) Chicago area, phone (847) 681-5100)) and SAKS Stony Point, Richmond VA (SA Terri, (804) 320-6960) had both the gold silver hardware. I spoke with them on Saturday... all SAs mentioned that they got new limited stock in and had only one or two available. Since I already have both bags and was not looking for one I would encourage you to follow-up. Please note, I do not have close, working relationships with these SAs but, I did call a SAKS SA that I do purchase from frequently and he mentioned that all Saks recently got in limited stock in the past few days and all locations may recently have one or two available in one or both hardware selections. I spoke with them on Saurday 3:00p.m. EST. Good luck with your search. I would personally call all of them!!!!! HTH.

Every time I've been in the Richmond Saks in the past 6 months (Terri is fabulous, BTW) they've had black caviar jumbos in stock.

I agree with LVDevotee! There's no other experience like the black and white Chanel Boutique experience with their clean and minimal lines and mirrors everywhere!
Plus... you can see different models and try on all the bags before you make a final decision. You must go! My closest boutique is 2.5 hours away. If I was buying a bag today.... I'd drop everything and go! ;)

I've been on the waiting list for a Classic flap in Caviar with ghw for almost 1 year now and we do have 4 boutiques here only, those bags are always on demands, I do envy you ladies in the states :smile:

ok i know there's a thread on prices worldwide.. but a quick one.. just in case someone knows the price off the top of her head.. how much is the jumbo caviar in the States? Thanks!

I went to the Chanel Boutique at South Coast Plaza on Valentines Day where I was told I wouldnt be able to get a black classic jumbo flap with SH until May. I had to put my name on a waitlist where there was 50 people ahead of me. I'll be going again on Saturday so hopefully they'll have better news for me.