Can this vintage Gucci be saved?

4star

Aug 14, 2009
I purchased my first Gucci bag and decided to go vintage because I really like the look of the older bags. I received the bag yesterday and found that the bag has many problems. I did not know that the bag had this many issues when I purchased it and now I am wondering if it is worth keeping. I like the bag but it has the following issues:
Discolored leather
Several small pen marks on the canvas
Yellowing canvas
Scratches on the bottom corners
Dry ashy looking leather along the piping and zip pull

Is there anything I can do to fix it up. I went to my local leather/shoe repair shop and they told me that they can not do navy colored leather:shrugs:. They offered to redo the leather in black but I want to keep it the navy color. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 143
Thanks, but it didn't mention anything about scuffs. Do you think the shoe polish would work on the corners?

I would, try working in navy blue (maybe a brand that also feeds the leather) wrork in very thinly, and then keep adding the layers. Leave between in 'layer' for days at a time. I think you have nothing to lose :rolleyes:.

Also, I would rather have worn navy corners than black ones that will look odd at best ;).

Did it not mention the wear in the auction? If not I would return it. That would bug me. If it did and you are going to keep it try the shoe polish, but I would just be worried it would rub off on my clothes. Good luck!

I knew about the scratches at the bottom but not the extent. After I paid the seller told me about the discolored handles and didn't tell me at all about the pen markings, discolored leather and dry piping. I thought the bag was going to have a few unnoticeable scratches at the bottom and slightly discolored handles :sad:

I knew about the scratches at the bottom but not the extent. After I paid the seller told me about the discolored handles and didn't tell me at all about the pen markings, discolored leather and dry piping. I thought the bag was going to have a few unnoticeable scratches at the bottom and slightly discolored handles :sad:

Why don't you do a SNAD through paypal and return it?

I want to thank everyone for their help.I decided to send the bag back. I took it to a leather expert this morning and he said the leather was no good on the bag.