Finally found my (New?) Eight Bag

Melora

May 26, 2009
[FONT=&quot]I know that several of you don’t like this style but nonetheless I torture you with some pics. :P[/FONT]
After searching eleven month, after calling to some Tod's boutiques and also to departement stores, I've finally found my (New?) Eight Bag on ebay. I've never purchased for such an amount on that platform but all went smoothly. Actually I'd searched for the colour umber brown but when this one occurs I couldn't resist. How would you call the colour? Is it camel? Vachetta? Tan?

[FONT=&quot]Although I usually prefer bags with zipper on top for reasons of safety I already love this bag. The leather seems indestructible and it is so supple and voluptuous to touch.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There is only one catch in it: to wear the bag with the shoulder strap is not so practical because in that case the top and the two handles drift apart. Unfortunately there is no magnetic closure or snap fastener. But nonetheless I'm very happy with my purchase.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The photos are all without flashlight.
[/FONT]

Attachments

• 9059_c.JPG
    9059_c.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,117
  • 9069_c.JPG
    9069_c.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,135
  • 9097_c.JPG
    9097_c.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 9102_c.JPG
    9102_c.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 9087_c.JPG
    9087_c.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,076
@ shih-tzu-lover:
Not only "great" - for it is large too. :biggrin: About 15'' x 12'' x 7''.

@ Amanda CHQ:
[FONT=&quot]Yes, the color is nearly neutral. I must confess I always wear my bags with a shoulder strap. Now I have to acquire a liking for two handles. It's very lucky that the "due manici" are so supple and comfortable.

[/FONT]@ swan1:
swan, to be honest: me too never saw the bag IRL since the day I've got the parcel. ;) It was a little bit risky. Eleven months ago it was love at first sight only by a photo. I can't stop thinking about this bag. This bag in mind leads me to Tod's. :yes:

@ sdkitty:
Thanks, sdkitty. Tod's really have special quality of leather.

@ BAL_Fanatic:
[FONT=&quot]I think the color is as classical as Tod's itself is. But as I said before this color was a substitute. My first choice would have been umber brown but I didn't find the bag in that color.

@ mpepe32:
Thank you, mpepe32. Yes, the leather is indeed soft. And it smells so good!!!
[/FONT]

@ ILvmybags:
Thanks for your opinion. So you don't think the style is a bit "old-fashioned"?

Last edited:
gorgeous!! congrats!!

Oooo, I love the style and the colour! Congrats on a lovely bag!
beljwl and adechg I thank you both!

And if anyone know the exact style name of the bag (is it the "Eight Bag" or the "New Eight Bag" or maybe something very different?) then please be so kind to tell me.

Juilletdix mentioned in the thread "Tod's New Eight Bag" from August 2009
http://forum.purseblog.com/tods/todsh-new-eight-bag-491143.html she knows the "original Eight Bag". If you read this, Juilettdix, please let me know. TIA!

Very nice bag, love the color - looks super-neutral, and the leather must be really soft. I never saw this model IRL. Sometimes I wonder how many unknown Tod's are out there to be discovered ;)