Wanted: photo of brandnew vachetta AFTER applying protection lotion

lovely_bag

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
Hello!

I apologize if there is a thread dealing with thsi question. I could not find it so opened this thrread.

I plan on getting an Alma Mono and like to put leather protection straight after the buy on it. Only I fear that it will change the vachetta "enormously."

Does anyone own a Mono bag which has been conditoned straight after getting home?
And did you take a picture after the conditioning?

I would love to see this picture! :love:

about me:
I do love the pure vachetta without anything put on it.
But I know the handles and the bottom will get dirty too soon. f.e. I recently babywhiped the seams of my Neverfull (Vachetta), let it dry and conditioned afterwards - doe to the drying of the leather from the babywipes (w/o alcohol, not too wet!) the concitioner left stains on the vachetta :sad:
I don't want this to happen to my to be Alma!

btw: it was fun at the boutique, when I only knew to ask for a "mono", not "Monigramme". hehe. forum-language brainwashed me :smile:

dear ladies, please, this should not become a discussion about patina and non-patina, it is about a picture showing how the vachatta looks after applying a protection spray.
I am just fearing this thread might be closed by the admins as soon as it turns into a "patina-discussion"! :huh:

@ chinchin_lim: didn't you freak out when it turned orange?

@ all: maybe someone from Germany of Austria or Swiss is lurking here, too?
since apple guard and similar brands aren't available in Austria I would love to hear from you, who protected the Vachetta (and maybe even took some pictures?)

thank you!
lovely_bag with hands that make handles turn just dirty, not "patinated"