Bearn Wallet Prices

Yorelica

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
can someone enlighten me about the prices of the bearn wallet in Paris vs. north america?

I think I'm going for either a goat skin (chevre bi-fold) or ostrich. Normally I'ld prefer to get it at my local H (in Canada) but since I figure a wallet is a small and easy to "sneak" back home...

Would you ladies think I'ld save a bit more getting it in Paris? Oh and the prices in Canada are already about appx. 15-20% higher than US.

Or would your recommend just getting it at the local H?

:flowers:

LOL, I'm always a fan of saving money... I think if you (or someone you know) happens to be in Paris and the have the color/leather combo you want, I'd save the money and buy it from there!

1210 euros will convert to around 1936 Cdn, but you'll get 10% VAT back, so it'll be 1742 Cdn... I figure you'll save several hundred dollars!

thanks aspen and shopmom for your price inputs!

Perja was the price that you provided relatively recent?

tweetie if 1210 = 1936 cdn that doesn't seem like a will be saving much?! You said we can get back 10% VAT? really? I thought anything brought back to Canada willl be taxed?!!!

Well....I'm open to colors ! One other question... would ostrich age rather fast when compared to chevre since it darkens easily?

You know, I think the prices went up again for the wallets... Shopmom says her Box Bifold was $1650 US, and my Chamonix's retail earlier in the year was $1550US (I think those 2 leathers are the same price) - I think there must have been another price hike since then.

The VAT is a % you get back whenever you're a non-EU resident (one of the reasons I love shopping in Europe!) Well, *technically* you're supposed to pay tax on everything over $750 that you bring back, but...

Anyhoo - savings should be several hundred anyway...

Anyone know the price of bearn w/ diamonds? How about the bi-fold??

Aspen? .......you seem to be the 'go to' girl for croc...;)
Heehee...bearn(long one, not compact one) with diamond croc. was about $12000.

I just bought another croc. bearn wallet without diamond. It was $3650 before tax.

The one I picked up in Paris in late November was EUR $1060. Cannot tell which leather it is now, as my only receipt was submitted to the tax refund centre. Funny Hermes only provided the tax refund form as the receipt. I was supposed to keep one copy, but the UK custom took both when I left London on my way back home.