What do you think of this Vintage Gold Lambskin?

deelish

Feb 20, 2010
Hi guys, I had posted a thread earlier asking for help in choosing between a vintage gold lambskin vs. a light gold reissue 2.55. I got a lot of negative reactions with the vintage lambskin but as it turns out, the 2.55 was sold already.

Help! What do you think of this baby? I know it's for evening wear only. But I can already imagine how good it will look with white/ black outfits and gold jewelry. It's a practically a steal for less than 1,000 USD. Should I still get it?

4373403662_79e5d9cff2_m.jpg

I really like this one. I love the fact that it's vintage, and I love the gold leather. I would use this bag int he day time too, very casually, in addition to dress up. But that's just me.

Edited to add: I just saw this auction on ebay, and I see there is damage to the bottom of the bag and to the top, there looks like there is cuts and the leather is lifting. I would not pay $1000 for this bag in this condition. I see the reserve has not been met yet, but to me this is a lot of damage. But the bag itself is pretty.

Last edited:
I actually saw both this one and the other one on ebay. Did you find them there? If you did.. the auction for the other one is still running.

Yes I did, I know the auction is still running but it has more than doubled the price since I first saw it. I had intended to spend less than 1,000 USD for an evening purse, which I will not use regularly. :sad: You think it's really worth it?

Thanks for your replies guys!

I really like this one. I love the fact that it's vintage, and I love the gold leather. I would use this bag int he day time too, very casually, in addition to dress up. But that's just me.

Edited to add: I just saw this auction on ebay, and I see there is damage to the bottom of the bag and to the top, there looks like there is cuts and the leather is lifting. I would not pay $1000 for this bag in this condition. I see the reserve has not been met yet, but to me this is a lot of damage. But the bag itself is pretty.

DD, you are right, if you look closely at the other pictures, you'd see that it's quite damaged. Might be wiser to save the $1,000 for a better conditioned or brand new bag, I guess.

Thanks for the advice! :smile: