Gold bag?

RachelS4

Feb 7, 2010
Well, I've been eyeing the gold garnets on clearance at my outlet. I want one, but at the same time I keep wondering how much I'll be able to carry it. I'm going back this afternoon and if they still have them I will probably get one.

Does anyone have a gold bag? Is is more for special occasions? Does the color make the bag seem too dressy for everyday wear? What do you wear when you carry it? Should I just wait and see if they get a garnet in a better color?

Thanks for any input.

Hi Rachel,

i don't have a Garnet, but i have a Tribeca shoulder bag in patent antique gold, that looks to me the exact same color as the gold Garnet. I love the color of this bag because it is actually very neutral and goes with anything. Sometimes I change my bags every day or two depending on what I am wearing, but when I carry my gold Tribeca, I end up staying in it all week because it looks nice with everything I wear! I have seen the gold Garnet at the outlet and I think it looks lovely. Go for it! HTH.

I have the antique gold garnet! Just got it a couple days ago and love it! I think the color is great! I like it because you can wear it more casual as an everyday bag or you can dress the bag up or yourself and wear it more as evening bag. I also think it has the perfect amount of room to store all that i need when I carry the purse around. I feel like gold can go with a lot more than you think when it comes to outfits. It looks TDf with black though...gives it a nice pop. It really depends what you feel comfortable using it for I use it for both day and evening so that is really up to you. But, I love the bag and the gold color and I would definitely go for it the gold is TDF!

Thanks for the input. I think I'll go for it today if they still have it. They had several of them the other day so hopefully I haven't waited too long.

If they don't have one in clearance asked a SA to check the storeroom because they may have gotten a return that hasn't been restocked yet - be sure to check for a dustbag because sometimes they are missing from returns!

After convincing myself that gold would be an awesome color, I arrived at the outlet and found they were all gone. So, instead I came home with a berry garnet. I might just have to look for gold in a different bag to satisfy my gold desire.

Hi,
I have seen both the Gold Tribeca and the Gold Garnet!! Both are Beautiful!!! They are Patent so not too bright!!! I think either would be great for every day use!!!

Hope you get the Garnet!!!

Lynne :biggrin: