Is it too soon to worry?

brookeab

Oct 28, 2009
I got a bag on ebay that I had been DYING to get. I paid right away and the seller sent on Tuesday the 9th with parcel post. The seller lives in MD where the weather has been pretty bad. Its the 18th and I still don't have the bag. I usually don't send packages or get packages by parcel post but how long does it usually take? I asked the seller for a DC number, but they are out of town and don't have any of the paper work with them at the moment. I hope it shows up soon, I was SO excited!

Ive had parcel post take ten business days before, and with the terrible weather I wouldnt count the bag as lost just yet, maybe if you havent received it by tuesday, open a claim.

Some one more knowledgeable can correct me, but IME parcel post is like THE SLOWEST OPTION, i think a turtle could get it there faster. It says on USPS 5-8 days, but with the weather, I'd wait 14 mail-delivering business days before worrying, so you have at least 7 days left.

yes the mail has been very slow lately with all these holidays bunched up. hope you get it soon i see you are waiting for the large purple garnet its absolutely gorgeous. i just got my chocolate editorial zoe today and bridgit. love them both.

I had a seller ship a pair of jeans parcel post, it took (3) weeks for me to receive - so you may have another week. That was last summer though...in all my years on Ebay, that was the only time I'd ever received something parcel post, thank goodness.

yes the mail has been very slow lately with all these holidays bunched up. hope you get it soon i see you are waiting for the large purple garnet its absolutely gorgeous. i just got my chocolate editorial zoe today and bridgit. love them both.

I hope so too! I was SOO excited about it because I got such a good deal. The seller has been great with everything. Communication has been solid and they responded to my question yesterday about a DC number within a few hours. I trust the seller, just not the P.O. LOL.

I buy and sell all the time. I have bought things lately that are really slow getting here especially because of the weather and holidays (as others have said). No worries. However I know what it is like to wait-bummer.