Warranty on Hermes

DC-Cutie

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
I'm still very new to Hermes, but someone said something about a "activating a warranty". I know on coach bags you register it, but not with Hermes right? :confused1: I'd never heard of that before. When you buy it from the store it comes with authenticity paperwork, right?

Please excuse the lack of Hermes knowledge :smile:

There is no authenticity paperwork or need to activate the warranty. The bag can be taken back to the shop for work for the lifetime of the bag. I usually save my receipt though.

Isn't that the coolest thing? If you bought a birkin at age 30 and live till 75, in the end, owning it works out to only $155 a year! Plus you practically get a "new" bag every year after you send it in for spa treatment. I've had so many $3000 IT bags becoming grubby after a year and I can do nothing but give them or throw them away.

Isn't that the coolest thing? If you bought a birkin at age 30 and live till 75, in the end, owning it works out to only $155 a year! Plus you practically get a "new" bag every year after you send it in for spa treatment. I've had so many $3000 IT bags becoming grubby after a year and I can do nothing but give them or throw them away.

Then, when you finally kicked the bucket, your heirs can sell it for a respectable amount of money and pay for the funeral! :P