Tech Laptop Batteries

Dec 17, 2009
Do you remove your laptop batteries or keep them on?
I keep my batt on for my macbook.. how about you?

some nice things to know about the topic:

xxxxxx stop linking to your blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
The newer laptop batteries like to have a discharge cycle once in a while. Under perfect conditions, a battery should last about 1000 discharge/charge cycles, so even if you run it completely down daily, you'll still be good for about 3 years. So don't worry that discharging it once a month will shorten its life. In fact, the opposite will happen. So basically, keep it in the laptop and plugged in/charged up most of the time. Once a month, unplug it and let it die. Then hook it back up to charge.

i always keep mine in. i also always carry my laptop around the house with me, so i let the battery charge down pretty often, and it gets to the point of being out of battery completely about once a week.

i'd rather use the computer unplugged than have to think about scheduling battery removal time.

me too.. i use my macbook with wifi, so what i do, i use it while on power. then when i see the power/batt on 100%, i remove the adapter and im free to go to the bed, couch, etc.. when i see its abt 20%, i go back and charge it.. u think this is fine? i even charge my iphone on it.. hehe

i always keep mine in. i also always carry my laptop around the house with me, so i let the battery charge down pretty often, and it gets to the point of being out of battery completely about once a week.

i'd rather use the computer unplugged than have to think about scheduling battery removal time.

hey i checked your blog, nice pics :smile::biggrin:

i never remove mine even though i know i should. i'm even surprised my battery hasn't died since i've had my mac for almost 3 years and it's on basically 24/7.