Coach gym bag?

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I was thinking that I'd like to get a nice gym bag; the one I use is pretty old. It's a canvas bag that I got as a free give-away several years ago. I was wondering about getting a coach bag for the gym, but I don't know if that's a good idea. Gym bags can get beat-up pretty fast and they are used to hold smelly shoes and sweaty work-out clothes! Do any of you use a coach bag for the gym? If so, which bag do you recommend? TIA!

If you can find one...cheap enough to justify trashing it...a baby bag is the perfect "tote" for things like the gym or even travel.

They are tough, with about a million pockets. I've had mine--which is used for travel--for going on 5 years and no joke, it's still next to brand new. I keep water bottles in the the baby bottle area, which would be handy for the gym...and the open space in the center is perfect for multi use.

I think the baby bags are a great idea. I don't use Coach bags for the gym, do you have a lululemon in your area? they're an athletic company and they sell gym bags that are the perfect size, and have separate comparments for water bottles, iPod's etc.

What about the Alex quilted travel roll? It is nice sized and meant to carry clothes and stuff.

Thanks! I just looked up the Alex quilted travel bag and it looks PERFECT for a gym bag! I really love it in purple (see the link below):
http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...20-en?t1Id=68&t2Id=5000000000000013520&tier=2

But I don't think I could bring myself to use such a beautiful $400 bag for my stinky gym clothes! Maybe if I wait and get lucky and find it at the outlet at a great price - then maybe then I could do it!

I guest it's kind of like actually using a Coach "lunch tote" to carry my lunch - I just couldn't do that!

Last edited: