So what is your opinion on buying used purses?

I love vintage so I have no problem with a used purse. Also you can get amazing deals. I've bought things that where used and looked absolutely new - especially evening bags which I hate spending thousands on because I don't use them much.

I have several vintage bags, obviously used. They are in excellent condition however, so to me they don't seem used. If a bag had stains or marks, I don't think I could use it.

I love the idea of being less of a mad consumer and more of a saver, so I have no problem with buying a pre-owned purse. I have both, and I like all of them equally, though I tend to take better care of the items I bought directly from the boutique.

Back and forth on it. I just bought a bal from a friend, so it was carried a couple of times. but the way i figure it, depending which brand, you can never actually tell if someone carried it before you or not, so it depends on the want factor, the money factor, and the who factor.;

Wish I could do it, but really hate it. For me it is all about the new and I know that is shallow, foolish and probably costs me way more than it should, but I really struggle with the idea of used . . .So I rely on those who are happy to have 'used' or 'loved' bags to fund my weakness for the new!

Wish I could do it, but really hate it. For me it is all about the new and I know that is shallow, foolish and probably costs me way more than it should, but I really struggle with the idea of used . . .So I rely on those who are happy to have 'used' or 'loved' bags to fund my weakness for the new!

I totally agree. I wish I could do it, but I can't.

All of my Marc Jacobs bags are secondhand - it's the only way I can afford to own one. I have four and I didn't pay anything over $300 for any of them!

Edited to add: germs? I'm not worried about that. I've bought vintage and secondhand my entire adult life. I'm not phased by used items. Anything can be cleaned, you know.

i haven't done it before, but there were times i was tempted by the deals on ebay. I try to think of it as getting it from a dept. store, where countless people touched and tried on the bag. And sometimes you wouldn't know if it was a store-return for whatever reason.