People are wacko - 'best offer' story

Nyria

Diggin TPF
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
This isn't a question just wanted to share cuz it's kind of funny.

So - I have something on ebay -- and a seller offered $200. Fair enough - I'm just not prepared to go that low right now (in no rush to sell) so I counteroffered at $249 and added message :

"This is hard to find in this condition anymore - thanks for your offer =)"

So then the seller sent me a message on ebay:
" Just so you know. This color may be retired but
this particular item is not that hard to find on
ebay. I saw one go for $200 a couple of weeks ago
and it was in amazing condition. Also, I do not
pay above retail for a USED piece of LV even if
the color is retired. I know someone will be dumb
enough to. This is not a NEED for me just a want.
I have a collection of over 20 Pochette Cles.
Goodluck selling this piece especially for your
BUY IT NOW price."

:weird:
WOw - crazy huh? -- So you don't accept my counteroffer - fine - move on. Why be rude?
People are weird!

I deal with BS like that on an almost constant daily basis with some items I'm selling. They think they're doing you a favour by offering you a lowball on an item. It's gotten so bad lately, I don't understand what people are thinking.

Oh, and I looked at her past purchases and she bouhgt at least one fake -- I was going to tell her - but since she was rude she can just live with it.

I got a lowball offer from a buyer on bonz, that I counteroffered. They went up about $3 the next time, and again I counteroffered with the same amount, because that was my minimum price. It kept going on and on, increasing by $3 for the next 3-4 times, then it stopped...lol. They never typed anything in response either.

As tempting as it may to to engage with these loonies, either ignoring them altogether or a simple, curt "thanks for your interest" is as far as I would go here. People like this are sometimes capable of doing very weird and destructive stuff.
This isn't a question just wanted to share cuz it's kind of funny.

So - I have something on ebay -- and a seller offered $200. Fair enough - I'm just not prepared to go that low right now (in no rush to sell) so I counteroffered at $249 and added message :

"This is hard to find in this condition anymore - thanks for your offer =)"

So then the seller sent me a message on ebay:
" Just so you know. This color may be retired but
this particular item is not that hard to find on
ebay. I saw one go for $200 a couple of weeks ago
and it was in amazing condition. Also, I do not
pay above retail for a USED piece of LV even if
the color is retired. I know someone will be dumb
enough to. This is not a NEED for me just a want.
I have a collection of over 20 Pochette Cles.
Goodluck selling this piece especially for your
BUY IT NOW price."

:weird:
WOw - crazy huh? -- So you don't accept my counteroffer - fine - move on. Why be rude?
People are weird!

I got a lowball offer from a buyer on bonz, that I counteroffered. They went up about $3 the next time, and again I counteroffered with the same amount, because that was my minimum price. It kept going on and on, increasing by $3 for the next 3-4 times, then it stopped...lol. They never typed anything in response either.

You should have gone down $1.50 each time LOL

As tempting as it may to to engage with these loonies, either ignoring them altogether or a simple, curt "thanks for your interest" is as far as I would go here. People like this are sometimes capable of doing very weird and destructive stuff.

I replied "Wow - you don't have to be rude. I am so glad I didn't accept your offer."

Whicj I am - I don't want to work with someone so icky in the karma department ;)