NEED HELP DECIDING: first and only pair of Louboutins

bell_bkk

Addicted.
Dec 14, 2009
I've decided I need a pair of louboutins in my life! I think I am getting black patent. But which style should I get? I want a classic pair that will never go out of style and quite high (I am very petite 5'1). Also how high is the VP?

Last edited:
While I like VPs, if I was going for a one and only CL I would do a supreme classic like a black simple or ron ron.

They can be worn to the office, important meetings, going out in the evening and even with jeans - what ever the heck you want to do in heels, these can do it.

Plus, everyone needs a black court shoe in their life, and the red sole will give in more va va voom than only other version you pick up.

I agree with sticking to a classic for the first one. I find that I wear my Decoltissimos the most often.

Oh, and you say this will be your "only" Louboutins.....I said the same thing a couple years ago....now I have almost 10. :smile:

I wanted a "one and only" pair of Louboutins and chose a nude patent simple. Since they are nude, I can wear them with anything and don't need another pair.

But now I have 5. All the rest are bargains from ebay. I don't think I'll ever buy retail again unless I hit the lottery.

What would style would you recommend for someone that is already 5'9"? I love these shoes, but all the ones I see seem too high. I generally like to stay around 3" seems like all are 4" out there.

If you want something classic but with a hint of oh la la sexy I'd say black patent New Simples. They just have that extra oomph!

I agree a lot.. I was about to say Pigalle 100 or lower.. but really, the simples are great.. since Pigalle has no platform they can be harsh after a couple of hours.. and I guess it's not your goal to buy shoes you'll keep watching on the shelf.. =)

I love the New Simples in patent! I think they're the best classics, very elegant. But if you wanted something high, the Hyper Prives are really nice, but they're not the comfiest on my feet.

Just a warning though, you'd think you'd only want one pair.... But after you get your first pair I guarantee you it's not going to be the end of it! I was like that at first too, "Oh, I'll just get one pair.. Then I'll be happy." Fast-forward a few months later. "OMG THESE CL'S ARE SO PRETTY ARGHHHH *buys*" and so on. I totally didn't regret it. CL's are very addictive.. And this is coming from a girl who used to not care about heels (I always thought of myself as a flats type of girl) but that all changed when I stumbled upon CL's! :P

You should try on a bunch of styles and see which one is comfiest on your feet though! Your first pair has to be something you absolutely love and know you will wear a LOT to make a good investment of your money. Hehehe. Hope you'll find your first love!