Authenticate This Louis Vuitton >> Please read the rules & use the format in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
Note: This thread is continuing the previous [URL="http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/authenticate-louis-vuitton-please-read-rules-use-format-546109.html"]Authenticate This Louis Vuitton >> Please read the rules & use the format in post #1
[/URL]
Please post authenticity questions related to Louis Vuitton in this thread.

Please use the below format when requesting authentication for an auction item:

Item Name:
Item Number:
Seller ID:
Link:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
then attach any photos. (all authentication must include clear photos.)

-Please do a search in this thread (type seller's name in "Search this thread" located on the top right corner) and check if the item has been reviewed by one of the senior authenticators before posting.

-Please post link (eg/ #4888 , copy and paste the post number) to the original query when requesting a second opinion or in follow up post.

-Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.

-Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

-Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages or just use the REPORT function (
report.gif
button) to alert the mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a mod can intervene. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the http://forum.purseblog.com/sendmessage.php.

icyprincess said:
Hi authenticators, could you please authenticate this handbag? Thank you in advance!

Item name: LV Multicolor Speedy30
It's not from Ebay, the seller send me some pics of her bag, do I need more pics?
btw: what's the best way to pay, so that I can protect myself? should I do paypal creditcard way? is it possible that once I find it's a fake bag, I can call my creditcard company to refuse to pay rightaway? or it'll be too late, creditcard company have paid to the seller already, so I still cannot to get my money back?
Need clearer pics again. Also need close ups of the LV heatstamp on leaf, LV engraved on pushlock and screws behind it.Yes, Paypal via CC always.

Thanks Addy! :heart: Didn't realized the old thread has 6K+ posts !

Zodie said:
Lee and all the other hard working authenticators...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

for all your hard work and dedication just to help all of us out.

We all really appreciate you

Happy early Valentine Day!
Aw, thank you Z and you're welcome!! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!! :heart:

Hi Ladies, you helped me authenticate this bag, as authentic. I have a question about the dust cover. This dust cover is very thin, almost feels like linen. It is not like the other dust covers that I have. My other ones are a thicker material. Is that common? or does that sound like its fake? I am really worried after seeing so many fakes sold on ioffer... Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200434542189&_trksid=p2759.l1259

chessmont said:
Hi kind authenticators,

I searched a few different ways and did not find this asked about previously. I know watches are probably pretty difficult to authenticate, but I thought I'd give it a go here:

Item: LV Tambour Hologram Watch
Seller: Malleries (from Luxury Exchange)
Item#: 120522856635
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2302wt_1167
Looks good to me too.

juicyfan please read post in for correct posting format. Thanks!

Hi Ladies, you helped me authenticate this bag, as authentic. I have a question about the dust cover. This dust cover is very thin, almost feels like linen. It is not like the other dust covers that I have. My other ones are a thicker material. Is that common? or does that sound like its fake? I am really worried after seeing so many fakes sold on ioffer... Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated...

Item: LV DAmier Speedy 30
Item number: 200434542189
Seller 2girls*2boys
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200434542189&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Item: LV DAmier Speedy 30
Item number: 200434542189
Seller 2girls*2boys
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200434542189&_trksid=p2759.l1259
We'll need to see a pic of it. Close ups of the texture and LV printed on the dustbag. So the bag is OK? (same as the one in auction?)

LEE, i couldnt quote my post but I did ask for pics but they shipped before taking. I did email them about the inconsistency of the code and they have intercepted the shipment and will be refunding my money as to not confuse buyers. The date code was erroneous but the bag was authentic. Does that happen? Should I continue with the purchase?

LEE, i couldnt quote my post but I did ask for pics but they shipped before taking. I did email them about the inconsistency of the code and they have intercepted the shipment and will be refunding my money as to not confuse buyers. The date code was erroneous but the bag was authentic. Does that happen? Should I continue with the purchase?
What was the date code?(I cannot read it, that's why I need a new set of pics) How do you know the bag is authentic?
Whenever the date code doesn't make sense, we'll have to look at other details to confirm authenticty.
So the bag is on it's way back to seller? Get good clear pics BEFORE buying again.

Yes, it's removed from the site completely now. The date code was SP2507. According to the format, that would mean it was made in the 20th week of 1957? Here is the message I received.

We conducted some further research and it appears that the Speedy Damier bag that you purchase is authentic, but has an erroneous date code. This is a rare occurance, but does happen on occasion. This is confirmed by a well-known LV moderator on the PurseForum:

http://forum.purseblog.com/date-codes/datecode-sp2507-epi-ivory-speedy-25-a-339597.html#post7478158

In any case, we have issued you a full refund and have recalled the package. We will not list it for sale on Yoogi's Closet due to the confusion that it will cause with potential buyers. Lastly, we are happy to extend the 10% offer to you for your next purchase.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

What was the date code?(I cannot read it, that's why I need a new set of pics) How do you know the bag is authentic?
Whenever the date code doesn't make sense, we'll have to look at other details to confirm authenticty.
So the bag is on it's way back to seller? Get good clear pics BEFORE buying again.

Yes, it's removed from the site completely now. The date code was SP2507. According to the format, that would mean it was made in the 20th week of 1957? Here is the message I received.

We conducted some further research and it appears that the Speedy Damier bag that you purchase is authentic, but has an erroneous date code. This is a rare occurance, but does happen on occasion. This is confirmed by a well-known LV moderator on the PurseForum:

http://forum.purseblog.com/date-codes/datecode-sp2507-epi-ivory-speedy-25-a-339597.html#post7478158

In any case, we have issued you a full refund and have recalled the package. We will not list it for sale on Yoogi's Closet due to the confusion that it will cause with potential buyers. Lastly, we are happy to extend the 10% offer to you for your next purchase.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sorry, I got you confused with someone else.

I have seen items with date code which does not make sense but is authentic. (not many)

I will need to see the extra pics I requested to confirm but I don't think Yoogi's going to sell it anyway. Look for other Speedy.;)

NO, they're not. They've already removed it and stated they won't be reselling. If that changes, I will get more pics and send to you.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Sorry, I got you confused with someone else.

I have seen items with date code which does not make sense but is authentic. (not many)

I will need to see the extra pics I requested to confirm but I don't think Yoogi's going to sell it anyway. Look for other Speedy.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.