S/S 2010 On the Road Grey Medium Tote review with pics! I finally found a good tote!

Kai,

Your thorough review had tempted me to order this lovely Grey tote from my SA. The bag will be kept for me 1 day before I make the decision, can you let me know if the straps are comfortable?
:cutesy:

Thanks a lot!

Thanks pls5! I am gonna see if I can't scrounge up a modeling pic of me and my beloved tote but if you are impatient, there are some in Jill's thread which I included in the beginning of the review. :biggrin:

Congrats! Enjoy! Modeling pics?

Thanks, LVgirl888! Let me know what you think once you've seen it IRL. Don't ask me if you need more totes cause of course you don't but... a good tote (or purse) is like the everlong quest, isn't it? :graucho:

It's beautiful, Kai. Thanks for sharing. After your descriptions and pics, I think I need to see this tote IRL. Do I really need another tote? I already have ten totes in my collection.

Thanks, hoyaLV! I love the color too. In fact, I keep swooning over the color most. It's the no. 1 thing I love about it. :biggrin:

I didn't care for this style until I saw it in this color. Beautiful. Congrats!

Thanks, sbelle! You're totally right. At the store or when you wear it, it doesn't look so trapezoidal at all! Gosh, is that a word...? :P

Great review! Thanks!

The grey is gorgeous!

I also just saw this style irl this week and really liked it. I did not think from the pictures that I would like the shape, but honestly when you see it irl you don't notice so much that the sides are not straight up and down.

I think this is a great bag!

Thanks, joojoo!

Congrats! Enjoy!

Thanks, jayjay77!

Lovely bag and lovely color!

Thanks, **Chanel**!

It's beautiful and I love the color too! Many congratulations to you and enjoy and thank you for sharing :smile:.

Thanks, atlgirl!

It's beautiful, many congrats!!!

Thanks, allbrandlps!

congrats it's beautiful.

Hi Beach Bum/Jill! I am gonna see if I can post a modeling pic but I am sure you have seen the ones on your thread already, right? Anyhow, seriously, I loooove this tote more than when I wrote the review. The color CHANGES depending on the lighting and what clothes and colors you wear. Seriously, all time fave color. I am tempted to go grab the larger tote too... :graucho: Let us know if you get it!! :graucho:

wow..i LOVE this color best!
WOuld u please post modelin pics?Ive always liked this bag and u are making me want to buy it again!

Hi nymifashion! I am also thinking about the larger tote. That's how much I love the bag and the color! :yahoo:Let us know if you get it and share pics if you do.

Really love the color! I wonder if I can find a bigger one in that color...

Hi Ana JB!
The salmon color is prolly the coral I saw. It's quite nice too! ;)

Congrats! Here in MTL they have this bag in a SALMON color. The color of your bag is really chic-neutral. :smile:

Thanks, emememem!

Beautiful Bag!!!!

Thanks, Israeli_Flava! I am even more in love with the tote now, believe it or not. Even tho I have been really busy, I just had to write about this tote since it was getting so many bad reviews... :P

I'm feelin the :heart: u have for this bag coming thru in your writing!

:drinks: to the CC tote that made your heart :whiteflag:

Hi Chanelfans! I hope my reply isn't too late. I have been so busy lately... Anyhow... Straps are very comfortable. Though I imagine if you REALLY load it up, it might dig in your shoulders like the Neverfulls do. Not a problem unless you wear tank tops all the time. Also, prolly not recommended to overload your bag to that pt anyways cause the leather will start to stretch too much and you might end up having a deformed bag.

Are you gonna get the bag too? Share the joy when you do, ok?? :yahoo:

Kai,

Your thorough review had tempted me to order this lovely Grey tote from my SA. The bag will be kept for me 1 day before I make the decision, can you let me know if the straps are comfortable?
:cutesy:

Thanks a lot!

Hey Purse-nality! Yeah... that's what happens when you stay away too long from this place, the pressure builds up and you explode! :lol: Congrats on your Prada in bambu. Seriously, it's an amazing color. I was all bummed out about missing the taupe flap and now I feel-a-ok!! I will try to model a pic soon but there are some modeling pics in Jill's thread which I included in the beginning of the thread. Oh, I saw your HK pics on Mia's blog. Looks like you gals had fun! :yahoo: PS: Wai's wedding was lovely and of course, hanging with lovely Wai and lovely Mia was even better. I will see if i can post some pics soon. ;)

kai, its been a while, yer back w/ a vengeance! lol!

luv the color and distressing! going crazy over taupey bags lately, just got a prada in bambu. i honestly didn't know such existed other than coral or black... model for us pls?

ps... mommy thread is getting so lonely, how about those recent wedding-of the-century pics :garucho:

LOL, bfali! Oh man, I just had to write a detailed review, kwim? All the other reviews were so bad and I was like, wow, this is the happiest purchase I have made in a while! Happier than when I found my last HG cause I just used HG for 2 hrs and put it away. This tote I am using daily. I wanna get more in this color! :P Anyhow, yes, it's super practical. Please share the love if and when you get the purple that you really really really like. heh heh. :graucho:

After reading your review, you have me convinced, LOL! A light tote with lots of pockets...I wouldn't have thought! I actually really liked the look before but didn't think it seemed very practical. But it seems like it actually is. I really really really like the purple color.

Thanks, mylilsnowy!!

beautiful!congrats!

Thanks, Tartine!

Congrats! It's a lovely tote

Thanks, babyontheway! Btw-- is baby still on the way?? :yahoo:
thanks for sharing! You picked a winner

Thanks, LVDevotee! If and when you see the collection, please let us know what you think!! :graucho:
Positively gorgeous!! Thanks for the thorough review! It is now on my "must see" list!!

Thanks, nighteyes!

Congrats, lovely tote and great review! :tup:

Hi bagcat! Isn't bambu the loveliest color?? :yahoo:
I was going to say that this color reminds me so much of my bambu gauffre too!!! I am in love again!!!!

Thanks, echo_23! I tried hard to write a detailed review since unlike the classics and the usual well-loved suspects, there just isn't much 411 on this bag. When you buy your bag, please share the love with all of us! :yahoo:

Wow! Thanks so much for all the info. It is definitely on my must-save-up-to-buy list for all the features you listed! Enjoy your new beauty!

Thanks, pro_shopper!

Wow this is gorgeous! Congrats!

Hah hah saks4me!
I wasn't planning to be an instigator. Just had to write a detailed review cause there wasn't much on this bag nor collection and most of the reviews so far were quite unfavorable so... I felt bad for the bag! Hah hah! Anyhow, I love the grey more and more. It changes in color depending on the light, etc. :yahoo:

Kai - you are such an instigator?! :P I may have to get myself one too! The gray is lovely! :yahoo:

Thanks, chanel_luv!

Beautiful tote and color ! Congrats ! :smile:

Thanks, sclisa!

it's beautiful and functional. great bag!

Thanks, kaka! I am glad you liked the review. I wrote every detail down cause I like lots of details. Heh heh. :P

kai thank you for a great review, the color is beautiful! it does remind me of etoupe too!

Thanks, puglypie! Wow, is your quota one bag a month?? That's a very generous quota, lucky girl! What did you get this month already? And if you do end up getting an On the Road tote, please share the love with us and let us know how you like (love!) it. :P
i haven't seen it but i love all the photos and im a big fan of light bag!! i think you just convinced to get it next month, since i already use my quota for this month already (or at least i hope so) Congrats and your bag is awesome!

Thanks, Noegirl05! Are you gonna get it too now? There are other neutrals besides the grey. There is blue and black too. Isn't the price point great? :biggrin: I seriously still can't believe 227s are almost 4k. I doubt I will be getting one anytime soon. :tdown:

Wow I love this!!!! I saw it in coral and loved it but wanted a more neutral color!!! I am mega excited and great price point!

Thank you, Nat! I am glad you think the review is helpful. I tried to include lots of details since that's what I like too. :P And now that you mention it, I totally remember you saying that the thinner straps probably make the bag lighter and you were absolutely right!! I am loving the weight (or lack thereof).
:ps: Great and very helpful review! I think I've said in the other thread that the thin straps would probably make the tote less heavy, glad to hear I was right about that :biggrin:

Such a beautiful and functional tote and I love the color. Congratulations and enjoy!

Thank you Cari284!

It's gorgeous! Congratulations to you :smile:

Thank you, rosasharn78!! I really do love the color. The pics don't do it justice!! :P

Congrats on such a beautiful tote! The color is just gorgeous.

Thanks, tillie46! It really is more beautiful in person as the color changes according to the light, what you wear, etc. And it is majorly comfy! :yahoo:

It's a beautiful color, and it really looks comfy. Congratulations on such a fabulous Chanel! :cloud9:

Thanks, MrsM-6-7-08! Which bag did you get?? Which which which? I am loving this bag so much I wanna get another one! Not kidding. :P Anyhow, I know what you mean about wanting a review on this collection. I also looked and looked and when I found nothing but kinda negative reviews, I knew I had to write something very detailed listing all the reasons I love this bag. Heh heh.

Please tell me which bag you got!!

Oh WOW!!!! Been waiting for someone to post about the On The Road Collection!!!

That is the color i ordered!!! TO me it was just so perfect! It goes well with any outfit, I love your tote!!!!!! This collection is super lightweight, and that is what got me so excited, the bag i got weighs nothing and will be great for an everyday bag!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Modeling pics please

Thanks, mojo!!
I am glad you enjoyed my detailed review. I wondered if it was overkill but then I love reading about all the details as I research my bags... so I thought it'd be ok?? Heh heh.

Kai, thanks very much for the thoughtful and detailed review!

Congrats - love your new choice!

Thanks, schol! Thanks for the compliments on my review. Wow, you have 4 Chanel totes already? I think I only know of your beautiful blue puzzle tote. Which are the others?? I am gonna have to check out the Paris Venice tote you mentioned too since you're such a big fan of the totes!

Awesome review Kai! Very well-written and thoughtful too.

I agree with you on all points made about your On the Road tote. So much so, had I not 2 Goyard St. Louis totes already(which are very much alike in shape, weight, structure) I would've grabbed one of these. Come to think of it, I think I love Chanel totes as much as my reissues since they have equalled in number in my collection! They are beautifully crafted, unique, and practical to boot. So far this On The Road tote and the Ca d'Oro Paris-Venice tote have captured my eye. However, 4 CC totes may be enough for now, so sadly, I will have to enjoy this tote through you.

Thanks and omg, pond23! I totally agree! This is one of the best colors Chanel has come out with, so much so that I want to get another piece... but which??

This shade of grey is one of the most beautiful colors Chanel has ever come out with! It is simply exquisite!

Hi Kaban!
Thanks for the congrats! It's been a long time!! How are you? I hope you're doing well. :biggrin:

Hi Kai! I love this tote, it catches my eye everytime i see it on display, the color you have is lovely. Congrats!

pamper-me-silly!
Are we bag twins?? I am so glad you love this tote as much as I do. I really think one needs to see it in person to appreciate it. I saw the pics and just DID NOT THINK ANYTHING of it but in person, I carried it in front of the mirror for two seconds and said, I am taking this!! hah hah. I think grey is where it's at!! I am glad I got it. I didn't realize saks only got black and navy... Yay! :yahoo:

Congratulations on your gorgeous tote! Great minds think alike... I too walked into my local Chanel boutique this weekend with no interest in this collection until I saw the bag and this color in person. Needless to say I had to have this tote - which I agree with you is the perfect day bag. Love, love, love the thin straps - they stay on my shoulder perfectly (much like the LV Neverfull) and the purse is lightweight and squishy! I was told at my store that they only ordered 3 in the gray! I even called my local Saks and they only ordered black & Blue.
:happydance:

Thanks, peachbaby! I see the cabas in your avatar so I can totally see how you're about the comfort. :biggrin: I am glad you enjoyed the review and that you will check it out IRL because this beauty has to be seen IRL to really appreciate! Please let me know what you think when you do see it. ;)

Gorgeous Tote! I love that color; I think it'll go with everything. Like you, I'm all about comfort as well, now I may have to go check it out IRL. That was a great review, thanks for sharing it with us. :tup:

Hi Hi ceci and thanks, thanks ceci! :biggrin:

It has been a while and yes, I am still studying. It's never-ending! :P You're going back to work?? How long have you been off? I am on semi sabbatical. I don't go back full time until next month tho I want to go for another month. Wish me luck!

Hi Hi Kai~ Congrats!~

I LOVE the color & great review of this new tote :tup:

If I ever need a Chanel tote, this non-boxy style will be my choice too!~

Oh, I was away & just got your message!~

It's been a while. Are you still studying?

In fact, I'm going to get back to work next month.

Thanks, winiebean! I am so glad I have you convinced. You should definitely check it out IRL to see if it will suit you. The color is more grey than purple, however. There is a purple version so it's best to see the colors in person. The pics just don't do it justice at all. In fact, I love my grey (taupe) more and more each day as I see it in different lights and situations! Anyhow, if you do end up getting it, please let us know what you think and share some pics. :yahoo:

congrats!!!! wow you have me convinced, i so want one haha is it more purpley than gray??? i love it, i wonder what the coral looks like irl

Last edited:
Kai, I currently have the bleu roi patent puzzle tote w/gh, a bone(very light beige) tweedy tote w/sh, the XL black rodeo perforated tote w/sh, and the 09A black glazed distressed calf portobello w/grey & black tweed flap and sh. Add to that my 1)black and 2)yellow Goyard St. Louis pm totes...it's a losing battle Kai. Today I was even seriously contemplating the coco cocoon reversible totes in the boutique!