Please help me decide!

Dec 18, 2009
I'm not sure if this should go here, or the shopping sub-forum. So mods, if I'm in the wrong category, please move me!

Now, with our tax return this year I am allowed to get my FIRST LV! :yahoo:

I've narrowed it down to the Speedy 35. Given that I'm a mom and I usually carry a lot with me. Is the 35 a good choice or is it too bag?

This also leads me to which Speedy to get! I'm really leaning towards the Damier Ebene, just because of the ease of maintaining it. That being said, I'm absolutely adoring the Azur, but I'm terrified of colour transfer and maintaining the vachetta. I usually rotate between 3 everyday bags, and some more "special" bags, and my LV would likely be in the everyday bag category!

What should I do? I've done tons of searches on here to get opinions and help but I'm so stuck! I want to make sure that I'm making the right choice with my first!

I think the Damier Ebene, is the absolutely perfect choice for a first bag. Especially because of what you outlined, the ease of maintaining it. I also think it's great as an everyday bag.

I agree, I think the damier ebene speedy is the perfect first LV to get. I think the 35 should be a great purse, it will have lots of room for extra kid stuff, plus the damier ebene will be much easier to take care of. It's a great purse to start off your LV collection! Be sure to do a reveal when you get her!

I have the 35 mono. I love the size. Its big but not huge. You can fit a lot in it but its not too heavy. I use mine whenever I travel. I don't worry much about the vachetta because I think mono looks good when it patinas. I love the damier, but to be honest I don't care for the red interior. I like Azur also, but imo, I think it looks more like a spring, summer color.Mono is year round. Its a hard decision isn't it? I think with you being a mom and needing to tote stuff, you'll love the size.

yay good for you! i think the damier ebene would be a great choice for you. if you can handle the "hand held" of the speedy, that is great. If you think you will have trouble with that factor, then you should try the Neverfull bag.

Thank you so much everyone! This helps quite a lot! I like having first hand opinions to help me make an educated decision. I definitely want the best bag for me, and I don't want something that I will regret in a short time. (That usually happens when I make an impulse buy!)

Viva, about the Neverfull. I was reading about it on here, but I've seen some quality complaints. I also don't like the lack of a zipper on it, the lack of security worries me. As well, the hand-held aspect doesn't bother me too much as most of my bags I carry in the crook of my arm, or in my hand already. I find most bags don't like to stay on my shoulder very well.

I have the Ebene 35, and LOVE it!! Especially in the harsh Canadian weather!

You should come join us in the Canadian Canuck Club, in the clubhouse!

and since your in Alberta, would you be interested in a tPF meet, in Banff! Some of the other Alberta ladies have been organizing it! :yes:

Hi there...
I purchased my first Louis Vuitton not too long ago and you wonderful ladies helped me make sure it was the real thing so I really appreciate that.
I have a question though to Louis Vuitton lovers...The bag I bought was the Batignolles Horizontal which is a medium sized bag but since I am a big bag person I just couldnt use it, thought it was just way too small for me. So I am wondering your opinions on which "bigger" bags you've tried, and whether you've liked them etc.. Has anyone had experience with the Totally Gm and Mm bags....is the GM too big??

Any input will be appreciated..:yahoo::yahoo: