Name the High End brands.

Hi! I would like to know which brands are in the category of "high end" brands and not. Ebay put a limit in listing of high end brands. Can you please copy/paste the brands i listed put them in high end and not high end categories? ;) Thank you!

(I know Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, Fendi, Prada are high end, not sure of the rest)

My guess- the following are high end brands:

Versace, Dolce and Gabanna,
Christian Dior, Christian Louboutin

My guess- the following are not:

REvlon, maybelline, Almay, Max Factor, Cover girl, L'Oreal

Balenciaga, Chloe, Coach, Burberry, Marc Jacobs
Donna Karan, Kate Spade, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Nine West
Kenneth Cole, Liz Claiborne
Fossil, Guess, Tommy Hilfiger, Ferragamo, Bvlgari

Hermes, JP tods, Jimmy choco, Michael Kors,

Ferragamo
Roberto Cavalli,
Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss,
Just Cavalli

Valentino, Miu Miu
Yamamoto, Yves Saint Laurent
Guess, DKNY
Roberto Cavalli
Nautica, Nike,
Juicy Couture
Manolo Blahnik

Victoria's Secret

Reebok, Adidas, Nike

Let me know what you know! Thanks!

P.S. does Ebay put restriction on non-high end brands too? I'm not sure?

Last edited:
Sorry, but this is one of the most open-ended questions I've come across. It's like asking, "which computer is good?"

There are many, many factors that make up the "high end"-ness of a brand, including quality, customer service, reputation, exclusivity, etc, etc, etc. and different people will give you different opinions based on what they deem to be important to them. For instance, if you look on the sub-forums here, there are bags labeled "premium designer" and "designer" - this was done based upon categorizations done by currently existing department stores, and the public perception of it. I'm not sure what eBay defines as a "high end" brand -- you may get more answers in the eBay subforum.

These brands also excel in different areas, and some consider them "high end" in one particular section (e.g., shoes, bags, make-up, clothes), but not as "high end" in other respects. There's also many in-betweens in which "high end" brands contain diffusion lines or certain pieces that are catered towards a younger clientele or those with lesser disposable income, e.g., Tiffany's or Versace Jeans Couture, etc etc.

The ones you've listed as "not" are mostly cosmetics brands who do indeed have a lower price point than most of the other branded cosmetics available. However, for instance, the L'oreal group also owns lancome, kerastase, ysl beaute, shu uemera, etc etc etc, and those are generally on higher end of the spectrum -- how would one put l'oreal on the scale, then?

To be honest, the list you provided covers different targets entirely -- you are not going to compare a pair of nike running shoes with a pair of Tod's sneakers because they simply have different functions.

I think almost eveyrone has their own perception of what a "high end" brand is, and telling you would only give you a gist of what is realy out there -- I think you have to go discover that on your own, and attune your list to your preferences and your priorities.

If you're looking to start reselling and are afraid of eBay constrictions, I would strongly suggest that you learn thoroughly about the market and industry of the products you are about to sell, otherwise many unfortunate incidents with scammers, challenging buyers, and other issues will arise. If you're looking to clean out your closet, I would go on eBay and look for similar bags from the same brand and look at their resale price points; that'll be the best gauge for the current market.

That being said, if you're still insistent on knowing what's what on your list, here's something to get you started, based on the general price points and your list:

"high end":
Balenciaga
Chloe
Burberry
Marc Jacobs
Kate Spade
Ralph Lauren
Ferragamo
Bvlgari
Hermes
Tods
Jimmy Choo
Roberto Cavalli
Just Cavalli
Valentino
Miu Miu
Giorgio Armani
Valentino
Miu Miu
Yohji Yamamoto
YSL
Manolo Blahnik

"low end"
Nine West
Kenneth Cole
Liz Claiborne
Fossil
Guess
Tommy Hilfiger
Nautica, Nike,
Juicy Couture
Victoria's Secret
Reebok, Adidas

The iffy ones I am not going to touch for fear of endless flaming (these usually span many price points from limited editions to specific designs to general public types - they usually have a "mainstream" line and specially created ones for celebrities, etc.):
Coach
Donna Karan/DKNY
Calvin Klein
Ralph Lauren
Michael Kors
Hugo Boss

Sorry, but this is one of the most open-ended questions I've come across. It's like asking, "which computer is good?"

There are many, many factors that make up the "high end"-ness of a brand, including quality, customer service, reputation, exclusivity, etc, etc, etc. and different people will give you different opinions based on what they deem to be important to them. For instance, if you look on the sub-forums here, there are bags labeled "premium designer" and "designer" - this was done based upon categorizations done by currently existing department stores, and the public perception of it. I'm not sure what eBay defines as a "high end" brand -- you may get more answers in the eBay subforum.

These brands also excel in different areas, and some consider them "high end" in one particular section (e.g., shoes, bags, make-up, clothes), but not as "high end" in other respects. There's also many in-betweens in which "high end" brands contain diffusion lines or certain pieces that are catered towards a younger clientele or those with lesser disposable income, e.g., Tiffany's or Versace Jeans Couture, etc etc.

The ones you've listed as "not" are mostly cosmetics brands who do indeed have a lower price point than most of the other branded cosmetics available. However, for instance, the L'oreal group also owns lancome, kerastase, ysl beaute, shu uemera, etc etc etc, and those are generally on higher end of the spectrum -- how would one put l'oreal on the scale, then?

To be honest, the list you provided covers different targets entirely -- you are not going to compare a pair of nike running shoes with a pair of Tod's sneakers because they simply have different functions.

I think almost eveyrone has their own perception of what a "high end" brand is, and telling you would only give you a gist of what is realy out there -- I think you have to go discover that on your own, and attune your list to your preferences and your priorities.

If you're looking to start reselling and are afraid of eBay constrictions, I would strongly suggest that you learn thoroughly about the market and industry of the products you are about to sell, otherwise many unfortunate incidents with scammers, challenging buyers, and other issues will arise. If you're looking to clean out your closet, I would go on eBay and look for similar bags from the same brand and look at their resale price points; that'll be the best gauge for the current market.

That being said, if you're still insistent on knowing what's what on your list, here's something to get you started, based on the general price points and your list:

"high end":
Balenciaga
Chloe
Burberry
Marc Jacobs
Kate Spade
Ralph Lauren
Ferragamo
Bvlgari
Hermes
Tods
Jimmy Choo
Roberto Cavalli
Just Cavalli
Valentino
Miu Miu
Giorgio Armani
Valentino
Miu Miu
Yohji Yamamoto
YSL
Manolo Blahnik

"low end"
Nine West
Kenneth Cole
Liz Claiborne
Fossil
Guess
Tommy Hilfiger
Nautica, Nike,
Juicy Couture
Victoria's Secret
Reebok, Adidas

The iffy ones I am not going to touch for fear of endless flaming (these usually span many price points from limited editions to specific designs to general public types - they usually have a "mainstream" line and specially created ones for celebrities, etc.):
Coach
Donna Karan/DKNY
Calvin Klein
Ralph Lauren
Michael Kors
Hugo Boss

Thanks to all who responded esp. to mattking. :biggrin: Lots of details... very helpful feedback. Thank you for writing all these. Let me digest all these information first and I'll get back here later. :smile:

"high end":
Balenciaga
Chloe
Burberry
Marc Jacobs
Kate Spade
Ralph Lauren
Ferragamo
Bvlgari
Hermes
Tods
Jimmy Choo
Roberto Cavalli
Just Cavalli
Valentino
Miu Miu
Giorgio Armani
Valentino
Miu Miu
Yohji Yamamoto
YSL
Manolo Blahnik

"low end"
Nine West
Kenneth Cole
Liz Claiborne
Fossil
Guess
Tommy Hilfiger
Nautica, Nike,
Juicy Couture
Victoria's Secret
Reebok, Adidas

Coach
Donna Karan/DKNY
Calvin Klein
Ralph Lauren
Michael Kors
Hugo Boss

Ralph Lauren & Hugo Boss would be high end IMO

Coach
Donna Karan/DKNY
Calvin Klein
Ralph Lauren
Michael Kors
Hugo Boss

Depends on the price of those or brand within a brand. Like Black label ralph lauren where a polo is around $300, yes. High end. Some DKNY stuff can be rather expencive and high end, along with MK, and coach. I would say those would depend on the cost and the material, nice-ness etc.
But overall I agree with your list :smile:

Coach
Donna Karan/DKNY
Calvin Klein
Ralph Lauren
Michael Kors
Hugo Boss

Most of my wardrobe is Hugo Boss as I'm slowly converting my wardrobe to one designer/brand and they don't have diffusion lines based on price points. Their red, orange and black labels have nothing to do with price point which is a misconception - originally that's what I thought too. They're all priced relatively the same (I have a number of orange labels pieces that are at a higher price point than the black label - since most people assume black label costs more). The red is suppose to be trendier, orange is more casual and black is more professional/formal.

A company could own and exploit many brands, Versace jeans and Versace is not the same "brand" really.

I think it would be more useful to divide it into three sections, you have high range (end), middle range, and low range depending on what kind of consumers they target. This will be reflected not only in pricing, but also in how the brand is marketed, the quality of the items and many other factors.

There are several different markets depending on the type of service or product as well (handbags, shoes, ready to wear, chocolate, beef), even though many of the brands "branch out" from their core activity for the sake of profit. Examples are coach making sunglasses, the armani cafés and YSL cosmetics etc

Most of the "iffy" ones that you mention would be in the middle range, same thing goes for a lot of the diffusion brands. I would think that nike would also be a middle range brand in the sports market. These distinctions aren't precise and some brands may target a wider range of consumers than others.

It's not really a question of personal perception or préférence as anyone trying to exploit a brand for profit should have a goal and a target market as a part of their business model.