Attn. Miroir Owners-Stiches start to ripped!?

If the stitching is ripping against the plastic, it will only get worse. Sorry to say, my mother is a seamstress and we just ahd a discussion over this. She can't believe they even made these (I sent her pics). She said it seems one of the problems may be that any time you sew plastic together, especially with a thick or heavy stitch, the stitching will give but the plastic won't so it will eventually tear away from the stitching. She gave me some strange example of a Halloween costume she made (Elvira-I don't want to know) where the dress was made of a thick plastic fabric and by the end of the night, both sides of the thing had ripped away from the stitching. I can't believe they made this bag without testing it out or something. Why is it lately that I keep hearing more and more horror stories about LV quality and problems with the new bags (Azur color transfer, etc)?

:sad:

I think it's normal for the ripples to occur.......
My SA today also said that you can easily get DENTS in the papillons cuz of the zipper or something, and she showed me the 'dent' which I thought was nothing. I'm not a picky person AFTER i make a purchase (but while doing the purchase I am lol). I've never returned anything, even though sometimes I'm not 100% satisfied, eg. LE Onatah Cuir's zipper started to peel, blah, big deal, I peeled off the peels lol. I htink most people obssess over the fact that you pay 1000+ for a bag and expect it to remain forever flawless like the day you bought it. C'mon people, it's a BAG, you use it, wear it out, throw it away, and buy a new bag. Unless there's some serious defects like... every single stitch popping out in ALL places, or the bag randomly splits apart when you don't even use it during the first month, then bring it back.
just MY opinion

i am glad that i have not purchased the bag from ebay and payed hundreds more. i would be soooooooo mad. if we are all paying good money for these bags they should be mad perfect. if i wanted something cheap i would buy something cheap.

I discovered the same problem on the handles of my silver papillon. They were there from the beginning and I haven't even used my bag yet!!!!

Actually, these are CREASES on the PVC Plastic (not rips on the stitching - the stitching still looks fine). They occur when you bend the material, which is inevitable on the handle of the papillon.

On mine, it is not just on the part where you hold the bag, it is randomly located along the whole strap :Push: I was scared that the deep creases would eventually CRACK open, so I took it back to my SA (who by the way is the store manager)... she said that it is "NORMAL" phenomenon on the papillons. I was like 'what the heck, this is LV?? :hysteric: '.. But she didn't have another one for me to exchange so I just took it back home and accepted it :yucky:

do you have pics for reference? thanks!

I htink most people obssess over the fact that you pay 1000+ for a bag and expect it to remain forever flawless like the day you bought it. C'mon people, it's a BAG, you use it, wear it out, throw it away, and buy a new bag. Unless there's some serious defects like... every single stitch popping out in ALL places, or the bag randomly splits apart when you don't even use it during the first month, then bring it back.
just MY opinion

ITA.

If the stitching is ripping against the plastic, it will only get worse. Sorry to say, my mother is a seamstress and we just ahd a discussion over this. She can't believe they even made these (I sent her pics). She said it seems one of the problems may be that any time you sew plastic together, especially with a thick or heavy stitch, the stitching will give but the plastic won't so it will eventually tear away from the stitching. She gave me some strange example of a Halloween costume she made (Elvira-I don't want to know) where the dress was made of a thick plastic fabric and by the end of the night, both sides of the thing had ripped away from the stitching. I can't believe they made this bag without testing it out or something. Why is it lately that I keep hearing more and more horror stories about LV quality and problems with the new bags (Azur color transfer, etc)?

Your post does make sense about the material and stitching. I also agree about the quality of LV. Is is just me, or does it seem that with any new launch of LE items, there seems to be problems? Cherries and pandas fading/scratching off, mc bags chipping ( I know it's not LE), and now problems with these lovely bags. To be honest, I am really scared to buy anything besides the basic LV line.

it's plastic. even the best plastic will not be durable the way leather is, which ages nicely and stretches to accomodate wear and tear and stitching. that's why i would never pay that much for a bag that isn't leather, no matter who the designer is. at least the prada nylon bags are really tough and resistant, even if they are a rip-off. i think designers just count on the fact that there are enough people out there that will buy the bags just because of the brand, so they can get away with crappy quality.