Do you prefer DBTY necklace in yellow or white metal? I surprised myself that I'm

Apr 25, 2006
considering it in yellow gold.

I am almost strictly a white metal person, and just a year ago I would have considered it a sin to set diamond in yellow gold :P.

But I have started to become a fan of yellow gold + diamond because it gives the jewelry a warm, almost vintage, old world look (IMO). Plus, I am really into 2 tone / mixed metal jewelry, and this kind of have that look (yellow + white).

So for me, the white metal would be the safe, obvious choice, while the yellow metal would be the interesting choice.

What do you think? Should I go for yellow gold, or stick with white gold / platinum.

Thanks!

My first choice is platinum, and second choice is yellow gold. If I want something white, I prefer platinum, because I do not want to deal with yellowing over time or going through the trouble of replating.

I personally look better in cool metals, so I would always pick platinum or rose gold over yellow; however, I've seen the Tiffany necklace set in yellow gold, and the contrast is unbelievable - the melees really pop. If I win lotto, I would get the yellow one to layer with the platinum necklace that I recently ordered from Whiteflash (haven't received it yet). If you mostly wear warm colors or yellow gold, that might be the way to go. Good luck!

I have the dbty single stone necklace in YG and the bracelet in platinum with 3 stones. I usually stay with white metals, but for some reason I chose the YG it attracted me more in the YG necklace than the platinum, but I like mixing colours so wearing both doesnt bother me

I have the dbty single stone necklace in YG and the bracelet in platinum with 3 stones. I usually stay with white metals, but for some reason I chose the YG it attracted me more in the YG necklace than the platinum, but I like mixing colours so wearing both doesnt bother me

It's your picture that made me want the YG!!! Almost all my other diamonds are set in either platinum or white gold, but the DBTY in YG just spoke to me.

I think I will go with the 18k YG. :smile:

I think its because its such a delicate piece that the YG looks good. I am really fair (Canadian, Irish heritage) and dark hair so white tone metals and rose gold are usually what I stay with, if the necklace was thicker or more substantial I definitely would have chosen a white metal