Neverfull straps - Are yours fraying or fuzzy?

Jun 28, 2006
For those who own the neverfull, which canvas do you have and how do your straps look? I just got mine about 2 weeks ago and I notice if I looked closely one strap is kind of fuzzy along where the red glazing is, while the other strap is completely 100% smooth with no little "hairs" of leather sticking up. Is this normal wear and tear? Both straps were smooth when brand new but over the last 2 weeks one has remained that way while one has started getting fuzzier by edge. I'm not sure i'd go as far as saying its "frayed" more like its a little fuzzy? All theres neverfull problem threads have me :wondering. I'm dreading having to bring it back into the store and having to pro-actively convince them to help me with it so I've written it off as "normal" but this concern keeps coming back. Thanks for any input.

^^^ Thanks for all the help. Just to update, I brought it back and they agreed to exchange but they only had 2 more and there were minor things wrong with them so I ended up getting store credit. Hopefully they'll get new inventory soon!

i wouldn't worry about it. the straps are made of 2 layers of leather sandwiched together, and the fuzz you see is the fibers of the underside of the skin, where the 2 layers are joined. i have a neverfull in damier ebene, and the edges are smooth but if i look very closely i can see a line of leather fibers where the 2 layers meet, but i didn't panic because i knew right away what it was. your straps are most likely fine. slight visible leather fibers don't mean its falling apart.

This is s well known problem. That's why they agreed to the exchange and then a credit so quickly. It's just not well-made. I'm thrilled you get a credit. I recommend a different beautiful bag. The BH is wonderful if you're looking for a shoulder tote.

Does anyone know if there is there a way to keep the straps from doing that? I have a Montorgueil GM had the same problem. Only thing I got it only a month ago, I'm wondering if they will take it back as well? lol...

Honestly, this is why I recently decided to get a Damier speedy with a strap. I really love the style of the neverfull, but after seeing so many pics and reading so many tales about the straps wearing, it was a no go for me. I have had many speedies and they all look brand new and last forever. I wish you all good luck with the neverfull. Hopefully LV will help out and replace them if they begin to wear.