Le Pliage, gift with purchase??

One of the things that is so great about the Lonchamp nylon bags is that because of the price you can go all out with color. I would never dream of getting a fuchsia Mulberry (no offence to anayone) just because I feel that my investment bags schould last long and go with everything. The Longchamps don't have to go with everything because you can get several!

And ofcourse it's overpriced, but what bag is'nt? I mean I don't think the profitmargin on a Longchamp nylon is bigger than it is on a LV monogram speedy (just to name something).

but it still beats PVC, no? :yahoo:

Nylon isn't lux like leather, for sure. But it can be very durable, even more so than leather (like backpacks), don't have to worry about scratches or rain. I think they have their place. :smile:

That is very true, I guess I just don't like how it is much "floppier" than most leathers and canvases being much more stiff. I also don't like its certain sheen... But I must agree with you about the scratches and the rain!

If my boyfriend started moaning about my Les Pliages I'd whack him on his head for being snobbish:angel: Lol!
I don't think they look like 'makeup counter freebies'... IMO they are quite stylish in a low key casual way and sooo practical. That said, someone has once asked me which magazine I got my Le Pliage from - but they were a "country bumpkin" :rolleyes:

I can somewhat understand why people can mistake them for a 'cheap' bag as they are copied a lot, they just don't know any better. I don't think a real one looks cheap at all...

My boyfriend bought me a custom pliage once, so you'd think he gets the whole handbag thing. As far as he's concerned that would be the only bag I would ever need for the rest of my life...

If my boyfriend started moaning about my Les Pliages I'd whack him on his head for being snobbish:angel: Lol!
I don't think they look like 'makeup counter freebies'... IMO they are quite stylish in a low key casual way and sooo practical. That said, someone has once asked me which magazine I got my Le Pliage from - but they were a "country bumpkin" :rolleyes:

There's been plenty of bag-over-the-head wacking over this.. lol. In regards to the bumpkin- yikes! I'd be stunned if anyone asked me that.. was it supposed to be some kind of a back-handed compliment or was she looking for a subscription? Some people.. geez..

This is so funny. To be honest, I received my le pliage as a gift (short handle, small, dark blue) long long before my purse-whore days. I was really into suede, corduroy, and denim then (think: Fossil, Lucky, etc.) and was appalled by how dull and useless the little nylon bag was. Fast forward a few years later. By that time I'd started following fashion a bit more. Lo and behold, I saw a couple of really cute snapshots of European girls wearing cute casual daydresses toting their Le Pliage bags. It was then that I finally realized how cute the nylon bags are.

I think it's fair to say that my perspective had been "tainted" by fashion magazines, blogs, and editorials, but it doesn't change that I absolutely adore the bag now. I dont' care that (well, honestly! Who are we kidding?) it's a bit plain, but that's definitely part of the appeal for me. It's usually my go-to bag on rainy days, and I usually toss it in when I travel just in case I need a worry-free bag.