Looking for recommendations for lightweight bag

Ladies, my upper back and shoulder are suffering at the moment and carrying a heavy bag is just not helping. I'm looking for something lighter weight for the days when the discomfort is worst. I like a bag I can wear on the shoulder, a secure fastener and probably not too big as I'm vertically challenged. I thought about medium mitzy hobo but thats probably as rare as hen's teeth. A hayden is a definite possibility but I've no idea how heavy or light they are. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear about your aches and pains bluecat. How about a daria satchel? That's pretty lightweight...not sure if you like the Daria's though?

Thanks Fuzzy. I do like the look of the Daria satchel but isnt the metal disc heavy? I tried one on before Christmas but found that the top flap wrinkled and didn't sit flat. How do you find yours with your things inside?

Love the new avatar by the way.

Bluecat; have just popped Hayden shoulder on my (not very accurate) scales and she is about one & half lbs.

She feels very lightweight to wear to me, but then am used to carting Roxannes around!

Have now got some photos which will get chance to post once got kids to bed tonight so look out for me!

Medium Mitzy hobo's are on Mulberry.com in oak and black Blue, they are definitely very lightweight. I fit loads in my messenger and mostly wear it with the strap knotted on the shoulder and don't feel any discomfort.

Thanks Fuzzy. I do like the look of the Daria satchel but isnt the metal disc heavy? I tried one on before Christmas but found that the top flap wrinkled and didn't sit flat. How do you find yours with your things inside?

Love the new avatar by the way.

Hmm yes the flap is a bit heavy with the plaque on it but the bag as a whole doesn't seem too bad. But yes you're right the flap doesn't always sit flush to the bag if you carry it hobo style, as it's so soft it bends depending how you hold it. According to my kitchen scales, it weighs 1.5 lbs/0.7kg

Also think you should check out the Hayden :graucho:

I'd say the Daria hobo as it's incredibly lightweight but it is a big bag and that might put you off. I don't mind the size but I can see it could be a minus against it. I know what you mean about the Daria satchel, the flap was kinking on the ink blue one as soon as I put my things in it although, on the plus side, it is light.
The Mitzy is fairly light, definitely way lighter than the darwin bags.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. At the moment the clear winner (unseen though) is the Hayden shoulder bag. I'm just waiting for kaybee's reveal to get an idea of the size (no pressure KB lol).

I love all the antiqued leather bags.
I've suffered with a bad back and neck too and when it flares up, I can use all my antiqued leather Mabel bags with no problems.
Not seen the Hayden but was impressed with the weight of the Daria too.